Smoke Effects [No Plugins!]

FotoFactory

Hello everyone!

This is my first post (I looked to see if there was a requirement to make a formal introduction to the forum but I couldn't find anything).

Anyhow, since I like following tutorials in my free time I thought I would show the results of one as a way to introduce myself.

Please let me know if I've made a faux pas.

PS: Nice tutorial, FotoFactory!

UHWM0kB.jpg

Thanks and welcome! :)

Here's my sig.(Click it now!)

AeEEeGO.png

Hi, it's me. I like experimenting with PDN to make really cool effects. I also like to

code in HTML and Lua. I like PC games and making youtube videos to show

my friends. Nice meeting you! See you later.

I think adding a mostly-upward motion blur as a final step improves the sense that the smoke is rising.

EDT: Another suggestion is is to use the radial blur after drawing the line in order to spread and blur the top of the smoke. Just place the blur center at or just below the smoke's origin and apply a small angle of blurring. The zoom blur might also useful (either before denting or as a final step), with the zoom center placed near the smoke origin in order to make the smoke appear to spread out from that point.

Edited by MJW

• 4 months later...

I used this tutorial many times to make my drawing look fancy. I use this tutorial too to make fire. This tutorial is really helpfull 

So i made something with a rainbow and a self-made candle

(sorry for my bad English i'm not from England/ America/ Canada/ Australia / New Zealand)

:D

post-142177-0-74450300-1437926525_thumb.

Edited by EvaS
  • Upvote 1

sig_zpskuy4vy4y.pngI know this is a bad sig

• 1 year later...

<3 @Bill Nunley

You're quite welcome Paint.net forum. I like the way you did this one. Thank you so much for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

*Sorry! I'll be back tomorrow to give you a reputation.

Edited by Seerose

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png