Scrolling/Zooming past the image edges

nimimerkki

I just installed 4.0 beta. I was hoping this 'scrolling past image edges' issue would be solved in 4.0, but apparently no luck. This has been amongst the most annoying 'features' of paint.net for me, and continues to be that way. It is very difficult to edit areas near image edges.

This is addressed in the Popular Features Requests

Patience :) Features don't just code themselves.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would not have read that first, until the moderator's response.

The OP was more correct to use quotes around the word feature, and the reference to Popular Features is not an answer nor does it invalidate the OP starting this thread; it justifies it.

If an extensive rewrite is required to fix this bug, I also wonder why it isn't addressed in the beta.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would not have read that first, until the moderator's response.

The OP was more correct to use quotes around the word feature, and the reference to Popular Features is not an answer nor does it invalidate the OP starting this thread; it justifies it.

If an extensive rewrite is required to fix this bug, I also wonder why it isn't addressed in the beta.

My point was that Rick knows this is something a lot of people want, and that it is on the to-do list. Did you read what Rick said on the subject in that thread, or did you just assume it was merely a list of feature requests with no additional information?

I'm not a developer in any way. I'm a forum moderator. All I can do is tell you what has been said on the topic. The intention was not to dismiss the OP, but to assure him/her that the request has been heard. My only other option was to ignore the thread, and that's far from being an appropriate response.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo