Cannot Paste Directly from Greenshot to Paint.net (4.0) Anymore?

MichaelFeith

For work, I use copied images from the desktop literally all the time, and Greenshot is far-and-away the best tool to copy screen images. Copy to Greenshot clipboard and then paste in Paint.net is how I do 90% of my work. With the upgrade to Paint.net 4.0, I cannot paste from Greenshot. I get a 'The Clipboard Doesn't Contain an Image' error dialog. Why is this the case, and what is the fix or workaround? (Sorry for any vagueness in description, I am not a 'computer' person.)

If this cannot be resolved, does anyone have a Greenshot and/or Paint.net alternative combination that DOES work (without compromising quality)? As has been mentioned before, pasting to MS Paint first (or similar) a) changes the image and B ) is a really bad, time-consuming workaround. Should I just downgrade Paint.net? To what version? I'd hate to do that. Safe link?

Paint.net version: 4.0.5168.12074

Greenshot version: 0.8.0.0627

A bunch of clipboard stuff is broken in the latest 4.0 beta. It's at the very top of the list to be fixed.

It's kind of ironic because I fixed one really nasty bug, and it broke a whole bunch of other things :)

For now, I would recommend sticking with v3.5.11 for the next week or two (until the next beta, in other words).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Another scenario that works with MS Paint but not with PDN is copying a screenshot (Alt+Print) from within a VMWare.

Inside the VM make a screenshot, outside the VM try to paste...

The next beta should be a couple of days away, according to Rick's last post.  Hang tight.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.