Moving Layers

Ron Rankine

I am trying to move layers either up or down. I read somewhere to go to the Layers tab and under there should be Move Up or Move Down. When I do there those functions are not present. Could it be because I am using version 3.5.11?

There are two buttons in the layers window (not the layers tab)--an up arrow and a down arrow--that can be used move the selected layer up or down.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Ps35kog.png

Highlighted in red are the layer movement buttons. If you only have one layer, they'll be grayed out.

In the Paint.NET 4.0 beta you can drag and drop the layers.

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 4 months later...

If you are using version 3.5.11, go to the Windows menu and choose Reset Window Locations.  If that doesn't work, click Windows > Layers.  If it still doesn't show up, click Windows > Reset Window Locations again.  If it still doesn't show up...I'm not sure what to tell you.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.