Official translations via crowdin.net ... Want to help?

Rick Brewster

Yesterday evening / night I updated all German translations. I especially made sure that the usage of access keys in the window menu is consistent and unique.

@pagefault: I downvoted some of your suggestions, but only if they contained errors or IMO wrong translations (like super sampling has got nothing to do with "taking samples", so "Probennahme" is the wrong word here). Feel free to review your suggestions (and mine, of course). BTW, we should think about a better translation for "Probennahme" in general. I think it sounds weird, something like the tool name "Farbauswahl" is maybe better.

Yesterday evening / night I updated all German translations. I especially made sure that the usage of access keys in the window menu is consistent and unique.

@pagefault: I downvoted some of your suggestions, but only if they contained errors or IMO wrong translations (like super sampling has got nothing to do with "taking samples", so "Probennahme" is the wrong word here). Feel free to review your suggestions (and mine, of course). BTW, we should think about a better translation for "Probennahme" in general. I think it sounds weird, something like the tool name "Farbauswahl" is maybe better.

Yeah I thought long about probennahme. It's a weird name. If I remember correctly it already was like this when I started to translate and I had no better idea so I kept it. Did you only change the new ones or really all strings? I'll take a look at it later this week.

Edited by pagefault

@LWChris:

I filtered all translations by "edited by LWCHris". This gave me 7 pages of translations. I checked them all and usually deleted my translation because yours were at least equally good. In addition I downvoted Rick's translation and upvoted yours. But most of the time Rick's ones are still the approved ones, so I guess he now has to do something like "approve translations with highest votes".

One thing though: You translated NearestNeighboor, but didn't translate Super Sampling or Sampling. For me NearestNeighboor is a technical term that shouldn't be translated either.

@Rick: Please reapprove all German strings according to the highest vote. Thanks in advance

Edited by pagefault

Hello,

I'd like to see how translation fits in paint.net.

How is it possible to export translation file for debuging?

Sincerely,

Rytis Umbrasas

Edited by rytumb

I don't see how you can download files from crowdin, but you can simply use the one in your paint.net installation directory.

See http://www.getpaint.net/files/loc/2.6/TranslationPack.txt on how to use the ResGen. I myself did all the work with my local paint.net installation and when I had translated everything I uploaded the whole file to crowdin, which is easy: File -> Upload translations

Edited by pagefault

Thank You, pagefault, for the answer.

I know how upload file to crowdin, but I'd like to know more about download. I have finished my translation there in the crowdin after I uploaded earlier translation file. (I have added about 300-400 strings)

Now I'd like to check how it looks in the paint.net. (Some strings sometimes are too long for example. )

Hope there is possibility to download finished translation from crowdin.

Rytis

Edited by rytumb

Okay I think I've approved all the new translations. That is, corrections to the ones that I uploaded. However, crowdin's user interface isn't quite good enough for me to feel confident that I've done this correctly.

Please go through any translation corrections you've made and verify that everything looks correct.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Rick, is there any chance of an updated beta? I'm sure localizers would want to test their work.

Alternatively, could you make the resx files generated by Crowdin available for download? TIA!

Please go through any translation corrections you've made and verify that everything looks correct.

I've just made one more small correction. Please go ahead with the approval.

• 2 weeks later...