Cannot select last visible plugin in stuffed menu.

Ego Eram Reputo

Found this odd behavior today.

When a menu or sub menu is very full, I can't select the last shown plugin. Clicking on it does nothing. In the screenshot - I can't run Lightning.

yhsjjie-1813.png

I know I'm not a typical user - with many more plugins installed than I need. I'm currently doing some compatibility checks on all the plugins. That's why I have plenty of them installed.

This behavior is not limited to one menu. I've had it repro on different menus (Adjustments, Effects, Effect > Tools and Effect > Render) at different times. A slightly smaller monitor changes how much is visible in the menu, but the last item is still not able to be selected.

Seems to be limited to plugins, and not the built in effects. Scrolling the menu down changes which item is not selectable.

Application paint.net 4.0 (α 4.0.5105.6977)

Build Date Monday, 23 December 2013

Expiration Date Monday, 17 March 2014

Hardware accelerated rendering (GPU) True

Animations True

Language en-US

OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536)

.NET Runtime 4.0.30319.18052

Physical Memory 4,095 MB

CPU Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz

Architecture x64 (64-bit)

Process Mode 64-bit

Speed ~2699 MHz

Cores / Threads 2

Features DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, XSAVE

Video Card ATI Radeon HD 4350

Dedicated Video RAM 506 MB

Dedicated System RAM 0 MB

Shared System RAM 1,791 MB

Vendor ID 0x1002

Device ID 0x954F

Subsystem ID 0xE990174B

Revision 0

LUID 0x0000AF5F

Flags None

I'll check 3.5.11 when I get home tonight.

I'm using 3.5.11 and have no problems using a plugin at the bottom of a list - or using the arrow to move to others lower down.

I probably have far too many plugins installed too - mostly versions of ones I'm working on - so my menus are also over full!

Hope that helps.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I would expect that the ToolStrip renderer has been changed to allow the puzzle symbol for external plugins.

Plus the code to show the copyright info in the tooltip. Maybe there is a small issue.

midoras signature.gif

I'll check 3.5.11 when I get home tonight.

Does NOT repro on 3.5.11.

Thanks Red,I never knew the arrow key does the scrolling,lol,been using and missing that little arrow at the bottom of the lists for years now,heh,heh

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I can't get this behaviour to repeat following a restart. Some sort of transient strangeness.

If I come across it again I'll try and remember the lead up actions.

It's back.  Straight from restart and rebooting doesn't resolve it.

The highlighting of the entry does work, but intermittently.  It alternates with the plugin tooltip.  A disconcerting pulsating effect :noes:

If I hit the entry at just the right time it will fire up the plugin.

You get it on other menu items or just the last one showing at the edge of the screen (like I do)?

The tooltip pops up under the cursor, so the cursor is no longer over the menu item, which makes the tooltip go away, which puts the cursor back on the menu item, which makes the tooltip appear under the cursor, so the cursor is no longer over the menu item, which makes the tooltip go away, which puts the cursor back on the menu item, which makes the tooltip appear under the cursor, so the cursor is no longer over the menu item, which makes the tooltip go away, which puts the cursor back on the menu item, which makes the tooltip appear under the cursor, so the cursor is no longer over the menu item, which makes the tooltip go away, which puts the cursor back on the menu item, which makes the tooltip appear under the cursor, so the cursor is no longer over the menu item, which makes the tooltip go away, which puts the cursor back on the menu item, which makes the tooltip appear under the cursor...

• Upvote 2

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!