Rep points - how to vote for a post

Ego Eram Reputo

Rep points: the low down:

Seen this on the right hand side of a post?

yhsjjie-323.png

The green button is used to vote for a post. The grey score next to the button is the total of votes that the post has. If you like a post - vote for it by clicking the button. It's all a bit like FaceLessBook's "like" thingy. 

When you click the green Up button you add a vote to the post's total and also add to the author's personal total of 'rep' points

yhsjjie-941.png

You get 5 points to distribute per day - please do :)

• Upvote 1

Facelessbook! Oh man, Welshy is such a good teacher!

Like the idea of barbieq getting more rep points :D :D :D 

Well explained EER. Many thanks.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

But why would one do this instead of just posting a "thank you?" :-P

In all seriousness, I am VERY guilty of ignoring these things for a very long time, and I probably won't be the first to use them going forward, but I am glad that they're being brought up.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You could discuss with BoltBait about adding rep points to the forum awards, I suppose, but at the moment there is not.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

@skullbonz: A user's reputation is displayed under their avatar. It's a guide to how a particular person is perceived on the forum. A measure of their R-E-S-P-C-T if you like.

@welshblue is highly respected here. You can tell because he has the highest reputation score on the forum (470+ and counting).

I got 1, yay! People respect me! lol

• Upvote 1

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

I'm not very respected at all.  But that's ok, 'cause I am the Real Estate Award winner.  :-)

• Upvote 2

Gallade - of course you are :D

David, yes you are too :D

It was decided some time ago that we would not have minus points as the possibility for abuse was too great. We have different folk here now but just imagine the damage another Glueman type person could inflict.

Oh I wish I had playtime for PDN...so many new things to try out as I can see by the tutes & interpretations of tutes we are seeing here.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Minus points can be fun....

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

We Mods have a mechanism for dealing out minus points.  We call them Warnings.  You get them for breaking the rules ;)

• Upvote 3

Get enough minus points, and we hit the minus button on you- subtracting you from our list of users.  :-)

We Mods have a mechanism for dealing out minus points.  We call them Warnings.  You get them for breaking the rules ;)

On the forum I mod, we call them Infraction points. 24 infration points and your gone. B)

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

Give me an infraction over an infarction any day

... it's got to be Xtreme to get a warning point - the James Dean in me is still waiting.  Speaking of which I noticed Visual is gone ... 

Things happen man........Wild things...

bfn.jpg

Gengar~

Usually we don't get anywhere NEAR 24 Warning points. Maybe 3 at most. Of course, you've got to be pretty bad to even get one.

Speaking of which I noticed Visual is gone ...

Sadly this is so. Unfortunate, and ultimately, unavoidable.

Sadly this is so. Unfortunate, and ultimately, unavoidable.

It was a tough decision that we made as a group after long discussion and consideration.

Ahhh that's why I had a PM titled Moderator Abuse  :P  (Not sure why I had one, because we fell out more than once)

Bullies ... 

Really? What a horrible PM to get. 

We are not perfect but we try to be fair to all. It was a tough decision but one that we needed to make for the greater good. :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Perfect?  No :( But bits of me are excellent :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I like everybody equally.......though some more equally than others.

That said and in the interest of full disclosure, I must admit I like the Moderators (all hail their names) 377.gifMOST equally of all.

And thats the truth........devil3_zps8238f09e.gif ....................................................a6328883.gif

• Upvote 2

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

THAT is the best post! Ever :D

Great use of emoticons, BTW who's that with the fork? (DON'T answer that!!)

• Upvote 1

THAT is the best post! Ever :D

Great use of emoticons, BTW who's that with the fork? (DON'T answer that!!)

Why, NO One, you would know...  Sir...Angel_zps59bcff5e.gif  .........................................a3de4dcb.gif.... (WHEEEW hope that throws him off, just enough, to keep my rep pts intact ) 

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️