welshblue

Realistic Roughcast Metal

welshblue    353

Really nice Ella. There's something symbolic about having a heart made out of rough metal - non-conformist where love is corncerned (but I'm thinking again and that's never a good thing !!)

A great background sets the whole piece up beautifully. Nice one

barbieq25    671

Oh Ella! Wonderstruck! Fits nicely with the current SOTW theme too. This is what I am working on at the moment :D

Totally agree with WB - fab background to set it off. Lovely contrast of textures.

Goonfella    214

As my picture says - HI there! Great tut Welshy. I see you`ve posted a few good ones since I was last here. I`ll have to have a go at them. Thought I would go for a two tone text on this one, hope you like it. Oh and thanks to Chelsea we are 2 points clear again. Nice one. ;)

Roughcasttext.jpg

• Upvote 1

welshblue    353

Hi there mate ... good to see ya on here

Great result on the tut'. Nice to see it being ran with. Football ? You Gooners must be having nose bleeds being so high up the table ;)

DrewDale    648

I think I must be getting dumber as I get older. I have tried this tute 5 times now and I can't get it right. This effort is all I could manage.

epicfail.png

xod    175

After set your primary and secondary color and apply Stylize -218, 30, -1.666667 you need to move this layer down and then select above layer to apply new primary and secondary color and Stylize with new settings.

DrewDale    648

Everything works fine until I get to this step - "Duplicate the newly merged layer, set blend mode to reflect >> Opacity 174/175 ish".

It's after that stage my text becomes like the one I posted. :/

DrewDale    648

Tried yet again, the only work around I could come up with was after running diffuse and duplicating, was to also duplicate again. At least this time I got a little closer. Not ideal, but pleased with the result I did manage to get. 

take7.png

Edited by DrewDale

xod    175
I don't know what to say Drew. That is very strange.

I know you're a guy with experience in PDN and you can not make mistakes when you follow a tutorial.

DrewDale    648

I know you're a guy with experience in PDN and you can not make mistakes when you follow a tutorial.

:lol: you want to see me when I try to follow flat pack furniture instuctions :lol:

kyoob    1

I tried to unite this tutorial with another one. That's what I'd got:

w67z5y6v94ea4afrp5lqu5czl.png

Also, on another image (which was 1920x1200) I tried to name layers properly.

t72toglgh2unmc16hl145aepa.png

welshblue    353

@Pixey ... there must be pandemonium all over the internet.  I read somewhere that a lot of ebay and amazon users have been hit too.  Not just forum users.  Not to mention bloggers etc.  Could be the start of the decline of PB ?

@Woodsy ... Thanks for the offer mate.  Some are really image heavy and I know you've already got your work cut out as it is.  

After speaking with EER about Google Docs, the drag and drop is pretty quick.  If I need a hand I'll give you a shout

Love the sig.  Very sensible using a pushing stick.  If I had ... I'd still have my thumb and index finger :P

Ego Eram Reputo    1,698
1 hour ago, welshblue said:

there must be pandemonium all over the internet.  

I'd love to ban all PB links on the forum and replace them with another image.....but then I tend to be a bit EVIL at times :devlish:

Woodsy    429

Thanks for your comment about my sig. Your right I do have my hands full with the PDFs but I've got it under control. I've studied your work and one thing I wish you'd fix is your gallery. You have some work in there that belongs in the Galleria. By all means if I can be of assistance don't hesitate to ask! And I should say Welcome Back!

Edited by Woodsy