Insert text vertically

Ersten: die Regeln sagen, dass du hier in Englisch sprechen musst. Um ihre Frage zu beantworten, schreiben Sie der Text in eine neue Schicht, und dann drücken Sie Strg + Umschalt + Z und wählen Sie ein Winkel. P.S., ich entschuldige mich für meine Deutsch.

---

First: the rules say you have to speak in English here. To answer your question, write the text in a new layer, and then press Ctrl+SHift+Z and choose an angle. Sorry for my German.

Edited by Rubrica

Hello, gulli94!  Welcome to the forums.

Please look at the forum rules.  All forum activity here needs to be in English.  We do not mean to offend anyone, but we are not able to moderate posts correctly because we are all English speakers.  I'm very sorry.

I translated your post using Google Translate.  I hope the translation is satisfactory.

To answer your question, first I need to know some more information.  Do you mean that you would like your text to be turned vertically, as if written on a piece of paper turned on its side, or laid out vertically like this:

V

E

R

T

I

C

A

L

If you would prefer the first option, you should create a new layer by clicking this button:  :AddNewLayer:

Then use the text tool, which looks like this:  :TextTool: to type your text.

After that, click on the "Layers" menu (which is called "Ebenen" in the German translation) and click on "Rotate/Zoom" (which is called "Rotationszoom" in the German translation).  As the other user noted, you can use Ctrl + Shift + Z ("Strg + Umschalt + Z") as a shortcut to this screen. 

Under the "Rotation" section, type "90" or "-90" (without the question marks " ) in the box marked "Angle" (which is called "Winkel" in the German translation).  Then press OK.

If you would prefer the second option, you should create a new layer by clicking this button:  :AddNewLayer:

Then use the text tool, which looks like this:  :TextTool: to place your text cursor.

Press the Centered Text button, which looks like this:  :TextAlignCenter: , then type your text, pressing "Enter" or "Return" between each letter.

Does that help?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.