Incompatible Plugins - an incomplete list (updated for 4.0.5284)

Ego Eram Reputo

Gradient.dll http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/1957-boltbait-illnab1024-gradient-plugin-updated-v20/. Tested with 4.0.5284. Shows under Plugin Errors.

It just so happened that I've needed a rainbow gradient effect plug-in, but my search skills were lacking until today. Imagine my surpise upon discovering the very thing I wanted and then finding out it's still unavailable due to the 4.0 release. :( Any chance this will get an update as well?

Edited by RonO

All, I'm the dev of the Tri-x 400 plugin that obviously used the wrong version of Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll - I'm so sorry about breaking things for you! I'll release a new version as soon as I understand which version to use, or if there's another way of coding plugins without using that dll? Any help is appreciated!

It just so happened that I've needed a rainbow gradient effect plug-in, but my search skills were lacking until today. Imagine my surpise upon discovering the very thing I wanted and then finding out it's still unavailable due to the 4.0 release. :( Any chance this will get an update as well?

Sadly I don't know the hope for that gradient plugin, however, have you tried other gradient plugins yet? These two are pretty cool : Gradients Galore, Gradient Mapping

All, I'm the dev of the Tri-x 400 plugin that obviously used the wrong version of Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll - I'm so sorry about breaking things for you! I'll release a new version as soon as I understand which version to use, or if there's another way of coding plugins without using that dll? Any help is appreciated!

Johan, if you ask this question in the Plugin Developers section I'm sure you will find someone willing to help remove the dependency.

I'm not sure what environment you're using, but I can recommend the new version of CodeLab!

Sadly I don't know the hope for that gradient plugin

The source is posted in the thread with the DLL, so it is very likely someone will recompile it. I may get time myself later today.

Yeah but you're incredibly busing doing important stuff, at McDonald's. :mrviolet:

Thanks for looking into gradient.DLL. You've got some fans who want it back :D

Yeah but you're incredibly busing doing important stuff, at McDonald's. :mrviolet:

If I could shut down a corporation through the phone, AT&T would no longer exist. (Long story... Long, sad story.)

Thanks for looking into gradient.DLL. You've got some fans who want it back :D

I will update it tonight and post an updated version tomorrow (Sunday, July 6).

EDIT:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/1957- has been updated. This is pretty much a straight port from the older code. When I get some time I may add some features. But for now, this new edit should work on 4.0.

• Upvote 1

I'm using Visual Studio, c#, and would prefer to code plugins without any extra DLLs to depend on. But I'll check the dev section again and see what I find then publish a new plugin asap.

Very cool B) Thanks BoltBait!

I'll remove it right now from the list.

Sadly I don't know the hope for that gradient plugin, however, have you tried other gradient plugins yet? These two are pretty cool : Gradients Galore, Gradient Mapping

I actually had the Gradient Mapping already, but it didn't seem to do what I wanted it to do and it was veritcal only (or so it appeared). I'm probably just not using it correctly. I tried Gradents Galore and it was pretty close to what I was after.

OK, I rebuilt the gradient effect grab your copy here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/1957-

Thanks BoltBait! This was a lot closer to what I was after.

I must confess, in the interim I found an existing rainbow gradient with a texture applied and used it instead (my particular task was to colorize a white wave form of a sound sampe with a rainbow hue/effect). But I've got all the new plug-ins to play with now. :D

• 2 months later...

The Tri-x 400 plugin is now converted to a "pure" DLL, not dependent on externals anymore. Available here. Sorry bout the erlier mess I made with old versions of DLLs and whatnot... :(

trix400.zip

Edited by johandanforth

Thanks Johan.  I've flagged this change for the next release.

• 1 year later...

Two plugins by asmageddon (Strange Bulger and Strange Bulder B) have been flagged as having been updated for pdn 4.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32419-asmageddons-strange-bulger-strange-bulger-b/

• 2 weeks later...

Gradientplugin and Engrave/Emboss removed from the list. Thanks to ReMake for the corrections.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Do we have a working Weave plugin? If not does anyone want to write it or is it possbile to update the old one? TIA :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 8 months later...

Somebody please send me the Color Flip/Replace Plugin. After I installed Paint.NET new version it was deleted. Not just him but many of them too. This one, single hue, color tint are one of the most important I have lost.
My mail : <snip>

14 minutes ago, Morais said:

Somebody please send me the Color Flip/Replace Plugin. After I installed Paint.NET new version it was deleted. Not just him but many of them too. This one, single hue, color tint are one of the most important I have lost.

Those plugins are from Ed Harvey; just download them again. They work fine with paint.net v4.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

3 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Those plugins are from Ed Harvey; just download them again. They work fine with paint.net v4.

Really thanks mate. Already done. This Color Flip and Color Tint plugins in a special way are very very useful.
I do things on Paint.NET that people struggle to do on Photoshop or Corel Draw.

• BoltBait unpinned this topic