Huddini's Magic Archive (New Work up! See Last Post)

huddini

Sup guys, I'm Huddini (not the escape artist mind you).

I've used paint.net as my main image editing software for over three years now. I'd like to think I've come a long way, from using PDN's simple gradient tool:
Inter1.png

to making much more complex compositions:
Light%20Apollo.png

to crafting my own kind of composition style:
WIPghostinshelll4.png

I don't consider myself an artist or anything of that sort. However, I needed to learn how to manipulate images since I was trying to enter fangame development a couple years ago.
These are my results. I hope you enjoy!

Just so we're clear, these characters you see belong to their rightful owner. They're not my own drawings or anything, as they're stock art that I've utilized to form a composition. 

Here's a deviantart in case it's taking too long for everything to load:

http://1huddini1.deviantart.com/gallery/

Note: I'm simply going to quote from another thread from another forum I go to.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ace Attorney Characters

[spoiler=]
DARK GODOT
Inter12atext.png
Inter12b.png
------

Light Phoenix
Inter21text.pngInter21btext.png
-------

Blending Trucy
Inter4text.png
Inter41text.png
------

Light-Dark Apollo
I've had a very hard time with Apollo, mainly because the MAIN image I wanted to use is kind of a bad rip that I got from google, so I've provided two "variations" of him....
I decided to consider these final versions, if you view this thread and decide to post, tell me which one looks the best:

In this first image, I wanted that background "light circle" you see to resemble a VERY light version of his bracelet, idk how I did on that though...:
Inter51.png
Inter52a.png
Inter52.png
Inter52alt.png
Inter52b.png
-------

The first version I came up with Mia, thought it was so good it needed its own category:
Inter63afixed.png

Onto more Mia, there were so many good variations, I decided to post everything I had:
Dark Mia
Inter61a.png
Inter63d.png
Inter64c.png
Inter64f.png
Inter62.png
Inter62b.png
Inter61c.png
Inter62c.png
Inter64d.png
Yeahhh....A bunch, out of all of this much images, which one do YOU think is the best Mia version?

Is it me, or does it look like an older maya on the right side of the face? o.o 
---------

Fall-Rise "Demon" Edgeworth
This is probably the hardest guy I've done yet:
Inter7c.png
Interf.png
Interg.png
Intergbalt.png
Intergalt.png
Intergb.png
^^ I think the last two images might be the best versions? What do YOU think?
---------

Light-Ice Franny
Ok, Franziska was way too hard, no matter what I did. It wasn't going well, mainly due to the artwork I had. She will be the first official WIP I need to do better on:
Inter8d.png
Inter8e.png
Inter8g.png
Inter8.png
Nyaghhh, The "quality" is dumbing down, there's just no way I can beat Mia huh? :P
-----------

"Devil" Kristoph
This is Kristoph Gavin, no good official artworks on him, so I used a fanart:
Inter9.png
Inter9a.png
Inter9d.png
Credits to ~LALAax from deviantart for making the custom art =D
------------

"Pure"-Maya
Did a heavy edit on the mouth for Maya:
Maya1.png

-------------------------------------------------

Non-AA Related

[spoiler=]
Light-Jayden
A request of a guy named Norman Jayden, from  "HEAVY RAIN." This was interesting to work with because a) There were only 3d models of him (aka no handdrawn artwork), and B) I didn't know what color scheme to pick for the guy, since I never played the game xD.

Normana.png
Normanb.png

Beauty-Kikyo
A request by MIMI MIKA [X] of a lady named Kikyo, from some anime show called "Inuyasha", to go with a peachish/orangish color, I decided these to be finalized:
Kikyo1.png
Kikyo1a.png
There IS a bit of orange in there, but from the looks of it, it's too dark to see xP

Dark-Blendy Benky
A 2nd request by MIMI MIKA of a girl named Bernkastel, or as she calls her, Trollkastel, or as I call her, Bernky, from a show called "Unimeko no Naku Koro ni", to go with a Purple/Bluish color. A bit tedious to work with because Paint kept crashing, and I wanted to avoid copying the scheme I did with my Mia work:
Bernky3.png
Bernky6a3.png
Bernky6c.png
Bernky6b.png
Bernky6a2.png

Infection-Derek
A request by BuddyFaith [CR/X], of a guy named Derek Stiles of some game called "Trauma Center", to go with a forest green/blood red color scheme... If only I'd have some brushes to get that kind of effect xD. So I decided to change it up in this request, currently WIP:
derek1.png
derek2.png
derek3.png
derek4.png
derek5.png

Devil Kazuya
I decided to practice more on composing for 3d models, I thought a Tekken character would do very well. so I went with a guy named Kazuya Mishima:
kazuyab.png
kazuyab1.png
kazuyab3.png
kazuyaa2.png
kazuyaa.png

Elegice Rukia
Another request by TEHCHAOSMASTER, of a chica called Rukia, from the Bleach series, I learned that having lighter blue schemes is harder to work with in general, but I had fun with "scanlining" this, so many possibilities to make it look good:
rukiawip.png
rukiawip2.png
rukiawip3.png
rukiawip4.png
rukiawip6.png
rukiawip6a.png
rukiawip8.png

Fire-Liquid Vivi
A request by RYU USHIROMIYA [X] of a black mage called Vivi, from Final Fantasy 9, with a color scheme of blue, red, and black:
ViviWIP.png
Vivi1.png

Brownie Izaya
A request by fangirl-obsessed Mimi of Izaya:
izaya1.png
She's asked me to do another version with a special artwork courtesy of Singidiva, will get to it eventually :P

Motoko Kusanagi
New work I did because I was bored at school, didn't know which one was best...
WIPghostinshelll.png
WIPghostinshelll2.png
WIPghostinshelll3.png
WIPghostinshelll5.png

Spicy-Fiery Miguel
This was requested by E.D. Revolution, of a guy named Miguel from the Tekken series, colour scheme being orange-reddish...He says they were good and he even has a cool avatar of it, check it out!
miguelWIP.png
miguelWIP2notext.png
miguelWIP2.png
E.D. REVOLUTION AWESOMELY EDITED/CROPPED MY WORK TO MAKE THIS INTO HIS OWN AVATAR:
MiguelTTT2EDAv.png

Rainbow-Dash
These pieces were actually done for a forum event on X. My recipient, had no idea what his secret-santa/invisible friend was UNTIL all the gifts were posted, which you may take a look at.
He also seemed to enjoy his gifts very much from his reaction post...Honestly I think I made the best gift, 'scuse the bragging ;P

On to the "gifts" itself, I made two different radical versions with a little variation to it, each "radical" versions I came up with took me one hour each (the first versions I took one hour after I found out who my recipient was, so I'm definitely the first person to have gotten done with the event. They also have different texts because I had no clue if my giftee would want his name, or his favorite character on there...
RainC.pngRainA.png
Rain2TapText.pngRain2rvtext.pngRain2.png

ElegSpice-Lili
This was a request from holhol...I made a couple of versions, but the one holhol used as a avatar I had to COMPLETELY redo.
I had to go with a colour scheme of Red and white...which was hard because white doesn't mix with black.
I was also trying to put a font title...But thought it was best in the end not to have one.
So I had to REALLY deviate from my usual art style and not have any blackness to this request this time around...
lili3textoption.png
lili4textoptiona.png
lili4textoptiona.png
Lili5b.png
Lili5a.png

The last one is the one she wanted/has used as an avatar.

Apple-Jack
Requested by TK, although he didn't specify the colour scheme, so I had to guess...Unfortunately while working on this I lost my .pdn files from a bad crash, so I can only give out one version:
703436-WDL4B6A.png

I'd post more different stuff, but the forum is rejecting them since apparently my post is too big now :P
I will clean up this thread so I only use one image per character later when I have time to get to it.
Edited by huddini
  • Upvote 1

@barbie thanks! Unfortunately I'm not getting a specific message, the minute I try to add anymore content, the page brings a generic "page couldn't load" on me (reason: server refusing my connection), which most likely means I'm hitting some post limit, either in regards to size of the post, or character limits perhaps (only reason I'm saying this is I've had a phpbb forum do this to me before). When I edit the post again and get the error, I'll take a screencap of it and post it up next time ;)

@Helen thank you! Unfortunately, I haven't done anymore kinda works like the one you see on the OP in a long time. These are pretty old. Hopefully I can post more stuff that's related into my endeavors related to fangame development.

Here's a random universe abstract art or w/e:

universe1.png

• Upvote 1

@barbieq thank you for the kind words! When I was only a lurker here, I saw some user a long time ago make some really cool abstract, universe art/imagery. I wanted to see if I could do something like that somehow, and that was my result. It originally was a WIP, but I decided that trying to find a way to make the image more cleaner/better is too beyond my skills atm. So that would be something I consider a final :P

@Seerose, thanks! I personally know that there are some atrocious/simple ones I have up in the post that anyone using an image editing program can easily do, but I hope you like my evolution of my compositions getting more complex as I learned how to try to make the best out of PDN =)

@Beta, ah thanks for that compliment, that's always good to hear! I've learned that colors, when filtered right, always plays a huge role in photos, graphics, etc.

You can have so many pretty designs within an image, but it won't matter if the color doesn't complement the elements. You can see in my many variations how it seemed like colors became more of a detriment, than it was an enhancement. That, combined with how light sources+some of the obvious gradients I used in some of the compositions were poorly executed, tended to lead to a poor composition in general (best example is the "fall-rise edgeworth" compositions).

I've recently done a request for a game developer, and I can't contain my excitement that I can't release this new graphic composition just yet, since IMO it's the best I've ever done using PDN so far...So instead, I'll share my first delving into making "promotional graphics"...I'll be quoting again:

Here is the promotional art version, ED requested me to do all the silhouettes of these characters and the background and such. It was a pain because I've never done something like this before. I was achieving a "noir-like" atmosphere for the art. I also supplied and edited the font (which ED kindly saved me time by making the base title for me). This is the final version meant to be on the first post:
Crackdown3.png
Here is the one meant to be used as a SIGNATURE:
Crackdown2.png
ED specifically asked me to make it 400x150 (i think that's the exact size here xP), but the font kept looking messy, so I had to manually resize the font on my own.
Also, to make the signature stand out more, I just decided that sprucing up the font would work best.
None of that would have been possible had I not had PDN as my main image editing software.

Thanks as usual you guys!

Now I'm going to show something different...This time, it's related to sprites. Still having issues with editing the OP (it just refuses to load on me, so more new posts!)

For game development, I had to make sprite edits for existing characters, to fit a specific scene in a fangame project of mine.

This is the power of PDN:

These spirit animations were custom designed by me. DEFINITELY permission required. These are meant to play on a white background. You may try your shot at gaining transparency if you want (open in new tab if you don't see anything playing):
MiaPose1DissolveOut-Huddini.gifMiaPose1ReverseDissolveOut-Huddini.gif
MiaPose4DissolveOut-Huddini.gifMiaPose4ReversedDissolvedOut-Huddini.gif

Just a note, for my fangame, it was meant to be on a white background (for the most part), so there's that. These animations never existed in the official AA games. They're my own edits, painstakingly done manually on PDN.