Splinter the Desktop Dominator PDN Gallery

deema78

Hello, I am the developer of the software, Splinter, a new type of desktop interface/icon dock/file launcher/customizer. I have made about 20 or so splinterfaces, the outputs created with Splinter. All imagery was collaged within paint.net. I have spent thousands of hours immersed within PDN in order to output what I have. While I am far from a great artist, thanks to PDN, I have been able to produce relatively attractive art for desktop interfaces as PDN has helped to hone my "skill", due to its ease of use and slight learning curve. Couldn't have done all this without PDN. Thanks Rick.

Here are samples of various splinterfaces and a video link for my latest, Atlantis Edition. (It contains an interactive desktop level animated stargate). All splinterfaces can be downloaded from my deviantART gallery here. http://dipperdon.deviantart.com/

Atlantis Edition Splinter

6pL2BQAl.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0-HVVQ6sk

Poor Shunned Edition Splinter
GjdWFFbl.jpg

Shshin Edition Splinter
5erTJt1l.jpg

Roonie Dishin Splinter
KbLyJoMl.jpg

Elegant Edition Splinter
WkuBd9Fl.jpg

Friction Edition Splinter
Mnz3JVLl.jpg

Addition Edition Splinter (Mario Page)
iaXwhl.jpg

Elegant Edition Splinter Page List
lyrSXrHl.jpg

Addition Edition Splinter (Splinter Page)
oUg8AM5l.jpg

Wishin Edition Splinter
h8VIVmMl.jpg

Addiction Edition Splinter
dX75TyNl.png

Itchin Edition Splinter
ZCoGTozl.jpg

Unlimited Edition Splinter
xBai4qQl.jpg

The(odore) Wood Edition Splinter
hQd2gl.jpg

Edition Edition Splinter
wpHmieyl.png

Ballpin Edition splinter
4q8nQl.jpg

Addition Edition Splinter Page List
Y1Zh2l.jpg

Eternity Edition Splinter (Titan Surface Page)
UzOLysfl.jpg

Atlantis Edition Splinter Splicon Map and Key

BmRcONVl.jpg

Splinter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jyIN7oDl.png

• Upvote 3

It felt like I was submerged into interface heaven. U N B E L I E V A B L E  ! 

Your work is crisp and so detailed. Lots of magical colors and Paint.NET goodness! Wow! Wow! And wow!

--By the way, I watched you in Deviantart. :)

Edited by HELEN
  • Upvote 1

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Wow! I can tell you've been doing this for a while. Excellent job. You're very creative and have plenty of talent!

Here. Have a +1 Rep. :D

• Upvote 1

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

It felt like I was submerged into interface heaven. U N B E L I E V A B L E  ! 

Your work is crisp and so detailed. Lots of magical colors and Paint.NET goodness! Wow! Wow! And wow!

--By the way, I watched you in Deviantart. :)

Thank you so much, that is very kind.

Wow! I can tell you've been doing this for a while. Excellent job. You're very creative and have plenty of talent!

Here. Have a +1 Rep. :D

Thank you!

Deema, what wonderful works you have here! Great themes with one that is sure to please just about everyone. 

Did you use PDN to put together the images or have you created all of the elements in PDN? Either way you have done a superb job! Good to have you here.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You made everything here with PDN ?  Wow.  Excellent work 

Some tutorials needed for some things

Welcome to the forums

You've got some really cool stuff there! Everything looks good. Although, if I tried to use some of them, I think I'd probably give up in confusion :lol:

Those rooms are so well done i wouldn't have thought anything but a 3D modeller could produce them, really great stuff!

Deema, what wonderful works you have here! Great themes with one that is sure to please just about everyone. 

Did you use PDN to put together the images or have you created all of the elements in PDN? Either way you have done a superb job! Good to have you here.

Hi. Thanks, all. But to be clear, I did not create any of the base wallpapers, other than the Eternity Edition one with the view of Saturn. I simply injected the splinterface elements as layers in PDN. The splinterfaces were, essentially, "created" within PDN. From PDN I exported each icon separately and placed within Splinter.

I did not mean to imply that I created the "rooms" or any of the background imagery.

I use Paint.NET for adding images into projects just because this program is easy to use, as well. 

Yeah, it is great for that. And with version 4.0 that is in alpha stage, right now, it makes it SO much easier. Drag and drop layer editing, mouse wheel scrolling, several other new layer window features. It is amazing. The layer window has always been the bane of my PDN existence. It is easy to use, but was terribly user unfriendly. Now it is brilliant.

I think it has already been said above, but I have to say it again clean, crisp, professional with popping colour combinations. Excellent!

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you, dug, very much appreciated.

Shushin Edition Splinter screenshot

ssh_n_edition_splnter_screenshot_rm_port

Named due to me having the "shhh" episode of Always Sunny on, in the background while beginning it. This is both a RM port of imagery into Splinter as well as running RM within the splinterface. I will release two versions. One with RM, other without. This imager show both builds. The solo Splinter one is on top. The one below is, both, Splinter and Rainmeter.

I will release this and several other splinterface this weekend.

splinter_logo_3_by_dipperdon-d4tqqf5.png

• 5 months later...