installation error

Same here - failed to update to new paint.net version - the whole piant.net app is gone - I also tried a fresh installation -> new download but with same result:

Error Log (German):

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: MsiOpenDatabaseW (110)
   bei PaintDotNet.Setup.Msi.ThrowIfFailed(UInt32 retVal, String message) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\Msi.cs:Zeile 31.
   bei PaintDotNet.Setup.Msi.SetMsiTargetPlatform(String msiPath, ProcessorArchitecture architecture) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\Msi.cs:Zeile 269.
   bei PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__21.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:Zeile 1078.
   bei PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__0.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask.cs:Zeile 36.
   bei PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass1.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask`1.cs:Zeile 77.

Is something missing? Whats the issue?

Greetings and thanks for good work

Max

I have also trouble installing (update from 3.5.10) paint net 3.5.11 , this is the information which appears:

bei PaintDotNet.Setup.Msi.ThrowIfFailed(UInt32 retVal, String message) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\Msi.cs:Zeile 31.
   bei PaintDotNet.Setup.Msi.SetMsiTargetPlatform(String msiPath, ProcessorArchitecture architecture) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\Msi.cs:Zeile 267.
   bei PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__21.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:Zeile 1076.
   bei PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__0.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask.cs:Zeile 36.
   bei PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass1.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask`1.cs:Zeile 77.

Don't know what the error is, but it looks like something in the registry is causing it. I renamed HKEY_USERS/<whatever>/Software/Paint.NET to HKEY_USERS/<whatever>/Software/Paint.NET.old and that fixed the problem. You will lose your file history in Paint.NET and possibly other defaults and settings, but it will at least get you back up and running again.

HTH,

rgds

Dave

I have the 1603 fatal installation error; repeatedly.

My favourite photo editing program is no more.

I have disabled anti-virus and reinstalled.

I have searched and destroyed every smidgen of PDN from my PC and reinstalled.

I have run CCleaner and reinstalled.

I have booted and rebooted and re-d/l and reattempted to install for the last 3 hours....

nuthin!

Tomorrow is another day.. and I will scour the forum for increasingly complex and scary possible solutions..

Where do I start?

I can't really read that font, but I did try the first link and got this:

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Ok .. now in addition to disabling the firewall and killing my anti-virus, I have searched for fixes for the 1603 error; none of which applied to me; run a repair on my framework 3.5, cleaned every single vague reference, including my plugins off my machine, and banged my head against the wall.

I am out of ideas.. 

I just got home from a trip with 1200 photos that need editing and l am really unhappy - this couldn't happen at a worse time. 

Is there any way I can get an old version that I might be able to install?

Old versions are not supported.  Don't ask for them.

You need to clean out all remnants of the old installation.  To do this, try the Windows Installer Cleanup utility as detailed in this post: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/692-install-update-or-uninstall-trouble-read-this/?p=2795

Not only that but trying an older version won't help. There have been zero changes to installation and updates in a very long time. You will have the exact same problems with an older version as with the latest version.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well I did not know to not ask for them.. sincere apologies. I am scrambling for a solution here.

Apparently the replacement for the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from Microsoft is something called Fixit.

I have run that and PDN did not show up in my list; it has a "not listed" option for that which requests the PDN product code which apparently is supposed to look something like this: {9EEE2575-B66F-47F7-A455-7D41933etc} 

I do not know how to find the right code to insert.

Can you help?

I was running 3.5.10 and tried to update to 3.5.11. After trying installation i got the following message.

at PaintDotNet.Setup.Msi.ThrowIfFailed(UInt32 retVal, String message) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\Msi.cs:line 31
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.Msi.SetMsiTargetPlatform(String msiPath, ProcessorArchitecture architecture) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\Msi.cs:line 267
   at PaintDotNet.Setup.InstallingPage.<DoInstallation>d__21.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\SetupFrontEnd\InstallingPage.cs:line 1076
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask.IterativeTaskAnon.<OnExecute>d__0.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask.cs:line 36
   at PaintDotNet.Threading.IterativeTask`1.<>c__DisplayClass1.<StepTask>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\pdn_3_5_11\src\Core\Threading\IterativeTask`1.cs:line 77

I saw the above posts similar to mine, but there are differences in the line numbers of the messages. Is this the so called error 1603 or it is something else?

Please note that PAINT.NET disappeared from the add/remove programme list. Also all data from the installation folder disappeared too.

Thank you in advance for your interest.

Edited by Ntinos

• 4 weeks later...