How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Alpha Cutter V3.0.4 - (April 7th, 2014)

TechnoRobbo

• 1 year later...

I find it hard to work with. In your example you used a tiny figure to cut out. But in an ordinary photo which shows more than just head and shoulders I only get part of the figure when I enlarge. For the bottomhalf of the picture I have to go back to the whole image and then I can't see the dots or the lines. Am I doing sth wrong?

@jagersvrouw I don't think this plugin is working correctly as I'm having trouble using it too.  It's filling the whole screen and I can't get at the bottom bar for the controls.  Unfortunately @TR has not been on the forum lately.  Hopefully someone else on here may be of help :smile:.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, Pixey said:

@jagersvrouw I don't think this plugin is working correctly as I'm having trouble using it too.  It's filling the whole screen and I can't get at the bottom bar for the controls.  Unfortunately @TR has not been on the forum lately.  Hopefully someone else on here may be of help :smile:.

As a work around, try hiding your taskbar, this will give you access to the lower controls :)

• Upvote 1

iNUIdNo.jpg

Thank you @Lloyd for that tip B) but it suddenly started to work again, without the bar showing.  Either my computer had a Gremlin, or someone fixed it - which makes me a happy girl :D

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Genius - Pure Genius is all I can say about this add-in. Have you noticed the link to your video has been broken?

MGT9iTs.png

Edited by AndrewDavid
Added Kudos after testing plug-in / removed huge image

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

2 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

Genius - Pure Genius is all I can say about this add-in. Have you noticed the link to your video has been broken?

Hi Andrew and welcome :) .  The author of this plugin @TR is no longer active on the forum, so it's not possible to do anything about that link, sorry :(

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 years later...

TR, I don't know you, and I don't have the right biology to make this work, but... I want to have your baby.

Just because of this extension.

TYVM. Don't know why I never saw it before this.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Redstoneweewee said:

How do I open this?

After you've installed the plugin, it can be opened from the Effects menu within Paint.NET.

Effects -> Object -> TR's Alpha Cutter

If you need help installing the plugin, you can find instructions here:

https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 months later...

Hi all, a couple days ago I got a new laptop and had to reinstall pdn and a hand full of plugin packs and what not, it seems every plugin I downloaded works fine except for this one, on my old laptop everything on the bottom would be visible, select-able, and working as normal. But now on the new laptop the ac window extends well below the bottom of the window not letting me hit the OK button on the bottom right of the grey box to finish. Anyone know of a fix (if possible)?

aw.png

Edited by SandwichFaker

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

TR's Alpha Cutter.  It doesn't work.  Used to.  Downloaded it before on our other computer, that no longer works.  Bought same kind of laptop and won't download.  Worked great...but as many are telling you, it only opens in Notepad with a bunch of gobblyguck.  Please fix. 

Edited by Wishitstillworked

38 minutes ago, Wishitstillworked said:

It doesn't work. 

What happens when you try to use it?

14 hours ago, Wishitstillworked said:

Bought same kind of laptop and won't download.

What kind of laptop do you have now?

And do you have the latest version of paint.net which is 5.0.3 and can be downloaded from here.

Did you Unzip the AlphaCutter file and drag the .dll into the paint.net Effects Folder?

Untitled.png

30b8T8B.gif

On 5/7/2023 at 5:54 AM, Pixey said:

What kind of laptop do you have now?

And do you have the latest version of paint.net which is 5.0.3 and can be downloaded from here.

Did you Unzip the AlphaCutter file and drag the .dll into the paint.net Effects Folder?

Untitled.png

Thank you Pixey, You gave me the gutzpa to try again and again...and it Worked! :D

Downloads never had that Winrar b4.  Preferred it b4, didn't like the choice of Wizard or Extract to "Extract and replace files or overwrite files" etc. 

Didn't unzip, just dragged the top one (that looks diff) into Effects.

Thanks again!

On 5/7/2023 at 5:54 AM, Pixey said:

• Thanks 1