Translation Paint.Net v4.0

With the (upcoming) release of v3.5.11 there's also good news that v4.0 may not be too far away.

Having been involved in the Dutch translation of v3.1 and v3.5, I am interested to understand what to expect of the work involved in updating the translation to v4.0.

I remember that the migration from v3.1 to v3.5 was quite a handful, as the strings.resx file had been heavily restructured. It turned out into a redo-from-scratch with the old version as a [CTRL-F] lookup reference.

Rick,

Could you shine a light here?

Regards,

Stephan

I would also like to say that if possible, being able to download the Strings.resx week or two in advance of the release would be very helpful.

Or during the alpha/beta stage having the .resx available for each release would be nice so that when the stable version is released, I could release the translation very quickly and start working on the help pages instead.

• Upvote 1

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Once the first public release of 4.0 is available, you'll have what you need. I don't plan on making lots of changes between alpha, beta, final. I don't have an assessment of how much of the strings have changed since 3.5. It's just not something I keep track of, and there are easy/quick ways to determine that anyway since there is tooling out there for working with RESX files.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg