Water Reflection

Hi ftlog666, I have moved it to here for you.

When it says "Publication only" that means you have written a tutorial that you would like to share with others. You were pretty close :D

Could you upload the image you would like to modify? Sometimes it is a matter of tweaking the settings. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Hi ftlog666, I have moved it to here for you.

When it says "Publication only" that means you have written a tutorial that you would like to share with others. You were pretty close :D

Could you upload the image you would like to modify? Sometimes it is a matter of tweaking the settings. 

thank you so much fellow Queenslander...i am very new to this...love the 'undo' button!!!! :tard3: oops again

When you use it adjust the Waves and the Wind a couple clicks each and you will see them. Distort will distort the mirror image also if you want it to look a bit rougher. Small adjustments make big differences. Adjusting the Distance will adjust the horizon of the mirrored image. All the rest should remain as they are until you get the hang of it.

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

try waves period at 2 and distort at 3

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

my dear 'help the uncreative Aussie' pdnoob - i have no idea why you & now skullbonz are so kind to me - the only creative thing have done for 40 yrs is with pills & potions - although i did start knitting a scarf 7 yrs ago & have done 7 lines - 1 more this yr.  all i am doing at this stage of  my kindergarten training is creating my own desktop backgrounds  - i don't like anything on the screen at all - all hidden.   it is a superb thing that you can print out the instructions - many thanks to all who put so much time & effort into that.   i saw this wonderful water reflection & i just could not get it right.  ~peace be with you ~  Many thanks to fellow Queenslander [Australia] barbieq 25.   i did send an email asking exactly where i should post my little problems - but the mail administrator sent it back after 5 days.....hang in there ...i will improve ..mmmmmh!!!! :unimpressed:

i have no idea why you & now skullbonz are so kind to me

Well, after four years of the paint.net community being kind to me...it's contagious :lol:

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

We do that here - help one another. Paying it forward if you like :D

I don't like anything on my desktop either, pc or literal :P

If you have general questions you can post them here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/4-paintnet-discussion-questions/ 

Start a new topic if you have a question that is not handled elsewhere.

Search is your best friend. We ask people to make descriptive titles for their questions so that others can do a search & find the answer more easily. Good eh?

If you have questions when you are following a tutorial, post them in that particular tutorial thread. 

Many of us, including me, started our "kindy" phase completing as many tutes as we could. We then posted our efforts in a gallery we created. A gallery is a thread that you call "your gallery" & you edit the first post to add more images. People give you feedback on what you did well & what you can improve on. Also you might ask questions on a specific thing you had a problem with. Because we are global, there is often a time lag for answers but it also means that have a big knowledge base to draw on. Some are better at some answers than others & some are on here more frequently depending on our circumstances. 

We are happy to have you here & help you. Feels good too to have another Queenslander here :P

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Many thanks to all who helped ...hold on now....it actually worked!!!!   now [after just being fully retired for 1 month] i want to ask Midora how he does that avatar - it look like he is looking down on moving clouds.....but hey what would i know at this stage - so i shall surf the questions....thank you again  :rainbow: may it always be above you 

Edited by ftlog666

Well, after four years of the paint.net community being kind to me...it's contagious  :lol: 

Four years for you too? It is contagious, lol.   ;)

Both of us neglected to show you a link to the Water Reflection plugin though, sorry about that.   ;)    http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=2482

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery