Colour tint for selected colour?

Theresonly1cryo

I use EdHarvey's colour tint tool and it changes colour of the whole image, I'm looking for something similar but it only changes selected colour, so that the image is left with mutiple colour scheme rather than just one, any addon that can do this?

IUOtmBu.png

From this example, you can see the figure on the right is in a brownish colour scheme, what tool can I use in order to make it's colour scheme blue like the figure on the left?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Theresonly1cryo

Dq0kG55.png

Thanks! I'll look in to it

If you want to keep flesh coloured arms etc, duplicate your starting image, run the effect on that layer and then zoom in and use the eraser tool on the arms etc

colourtest.jpg

Thanks! I'll look in to it

Nice trick welshblue. Thanks for the tip.

I never thought of that. I still have much to learn.

Edited by klaxxon
  • Upvote 1

I usually use the color tint plugin in Ed Harvey's plugin pack

EDIT: just realized I got ninja'd five times xD

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I usually use the color tint plugin in Ed Harvey's plugin pack

EDIT: just realized I got ninja'd five times xD

For some reason, EdHarvey's colour tint tool doesn't change the colour to exact, and yes, I used the colour picker to select the colour for it, the result colour is far away from the desired colour.

Color tint doesn't work with the color wheel, so you'll have to adjust the settings yourself. I got some decent results with color set to 215 and amount set to 115. You can use welshie's technique to keep the arm color if needed.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo