How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Distort This! - Plugin V2.7.5 (Mar 6th, 2016)

TechnoRobbo

TechnoRobbo!

Thank you very much for the new version. 9gut87cp.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Danke Schoen Water Lily

(Dankeschön) again.   ;)

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Hi TR,

Can you add the feature which I requested for this plugin?

Too much on my plate - sorry for the wait

There's 4 options in this scenario that would come from combinations Horizontal Symmetry and Vertical Symmetry.

There's also the question of snapping to symmetry if the check boxes  are clicked after an adjustment - is this an unwanted behavior?

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Thanks TR,

I have two more suggestions :

IvoaXrw.png

1. I like the Symmetry Option. Can an option to enter numerical values for a, b, c and d be added?

2. It would be nice if the effect could remember the amount of distortion applied to a layer so it can be repeated on other layers.

Edited by Eli

1. I like the Symmetry Option. Can an option to enter numerical values for abc and d be added?

2. It would be nice if the effect could remember the amount of distortion applied to a layer so it can be repeated on other layers.

That's a huge rewrtie

TRsSig.png?raw=1

It is OK as it is TR. It is not urgent, just a suggestion.... and perhaps too many cases for the numerical entries can make the Interface look too overwelming.  :)

It is OK as it is TR. It is not urgent, just a suggestion.... and perhaps too many cases for the numerical entries can make the Interface look too overwelming.   :)

I'm working on it. Have to tread lightly so I don't introduce a bad bug

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Eli

1. I like the Symmetry Option. Can an option to enter numerical values for abc and d be added?

Version 2.7.0+ adds manual value input and Persistent Data during session. 

Ready for Download

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1

ve7oxyf5.gif   sguduzxa.gif    Dear TR!   :star:

Who works so much must also so much food & drink. Thank you very much.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I just got this error and do not know what it means:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\DistortThis.dll
      Name: TRsDistortThis.EffectPlugin
      Version: 2.7.0.13591
      Author: TechnoRobbo
      Copyright: Copyright 2013 © TechnoRobbo
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TRsDistortThis.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 161
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 141
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 134
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RendererLoop(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 106
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 386
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 332
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_5.<RunEffectImpl>b__4() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1003

That's why "Double Click to Edit" was added to the note. Select your corner and double click on the image.

Format: " 1023 767"

Click away to cancel - Press Enter to set.

Thanks TR, I found them.  :)  I did not notice de Double Click message.  embarrassed-smiley33.gif

It happened again. But it is perhaps my fault as I was not using it properly. I took one of the corners (The upper left one) and begun to move it around rapidly click, click, click, click ...  until I got an error. So it is my fault for abusing it.

Version: 2.7.0.13591
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at TRsDistortThis.EffectPlugin.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 161
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 141
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 134
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RendererLoop(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 106
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 431
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 386
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_6.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1052

It happened again. But it is perhaps my fault as I was not using it properly. I took one of the corners (The upper left one) and begun to move it around rapidly click, click, click, click ...  until I got an error. So it is my fault for abusing it.

I should be able to trap that error

TRsSig.png?raw=1

The trap did not work :

Version: 2.7.1.22847
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_6.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1052

I assume your clicking around quickly trying to force the crash - I've neglected to pickup the PDN CancelRequest. Here's a version that does acknowledge it.

Version 2.7.2+ ready for download

• Upvote 1

TRsSig.png?raw=1