Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Chrome Effect Chain Links

minners71    48

One other thing I did different is after polar inversion I duplicated the image and changed the blending mode to reflect and played with the opacity.

sashwilko    358

I made some plastic links by using the texture that yellowman provided for the grunge tutorial and some conditional hue / saturation to get this try :)

Very well written and must be pin worthy. Thank you Welshblue for making this possible.

chainlinks_zps2a07ea5e.png

• Upvote 2

DrewDale    648

Really cool examples and some very different takes on this, thinking outside of the box has given up some class creations B)

Ego Eram Reputo    1,684

Very well written and must be pin worthy. Thank you Welshblue for making this possible.

I agree with you Sasha!  Pinned.

welshblue    330

It is ?  

Thanks Sasha and EER

It's just good to see how people are doing their own thing.  It makes it worth the screenshots ... if anyone wants to make realistic glass links and share, well you'd be doing me a favour 'cos it's doing my head in  :smile:

skullbonz    355

How about this one?       :)         I started with white as primary color and the secondary color transparent,then rendered clouds with some fine tuning,then Shape 3D and the rest is you. One thing though,when you try to join the two sides it left a line,my solution for that was to merge the two and mirror it,lol. I also had to duplicate a few layers to get the glass look I liked and merge them before making the chain.

chain-3-b-800x600_zps87fe10d1.png

Edited by skullbonz

nitenurse79    500

Very late to the game on this one, but using the first part of this tute and This Plug in from TechnoRobbo I created this: :)

neatclock_zps85626435.png

A lot of possibilities to be had. Great tute. I have no more +1's to hand out for today, but as arnie said - I will be back  :D

MJW    638

The instructions in the original comment for linking the chains seem somewhat more complex than I think they need to be. I believe an easier method is to put the two links in separate layers, then for one of the places where the top link overlaps the lower link, select and copy that region from the lower layer, then make the upper layer active and paste the copied section as a new layer. The selection must, of course, include the entire part of the lower-level link that will overlap. Normally, it can include quite a bit of the surrounding area, so doesn't have to be very precise. The links often need to feathered a bit to make the overlap look clean.

EDIT: Removed a faulty suggestion.

Edited by MJW