How to Install Plugins ×

Stray pixel remover

archip

This plugin deletes small islands of pixels.

When I use the magic wand, some pixels aren't deleted. The plugin deletes them, if they are surrounded by transparent pixels. : sMSe2t0.png

It has two parameters :

- radius threshold : Delete island up to this size.

- alpha threshold : A pixel will be considered transparent up to this value. 

@toe_head2001 has recompiled this plugin to make it compatible with PDN 4.0+.

StrayPixelRemover.zip

Spoiler

Original PDN 3.5.11 version: StrayPixelRemover.zip   <--- Incompatible with Paint.NET 4.x

• Upvote 1

I would like to try this out, but for some reason my browser (both IE10 & Chrome) and my Avast internet security won't permit me to download the file ?

ZXCBOoZ.png

PS: I can't upload DLL files so you have to rename the "StrayPixelRemover.txt" to "StrayPixelRemover.dll".

Zip them. A lot more people understand ZIP files than changing extensions, especially since Windows hides extensions by default.
  • Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

This is looking interesting. Do you need to make a - selection - surrounding the stray pixel(s) or will this auto remove them for you?

iNUIdNo.jpg

It will auto remove if it finds a pixel to be surrounded by transparent pixels.  Making a selection will constrain the effect within the selection bounds.

@archip:  I'm going to take issue with the menu placement.  Misc?  To me, that's less than helpful.  Why not place it in the Object menu?  (as this operates on tiny pixel objects).

It will auto remove if it finds a pixel to be surrounded by transparent pixels.  Making a selection will constrain the effect within the selection bounds.

Thank you EER. 

iNUIdNo.jpg

For now, the effect is applied to the entire image, I'll change this when I find how. I'll also change the menu placement.

If you have suggestion post them and I'll see what I can do.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/30/2016 at 6:30 AM, Allan said:

I have tried installing this on Windows 10 and Windows 7 and in both in crashes paint.

I've updated the effect using the original source code provided by @archip in the first post.

Fixes:

- No longer crashes

- Faster and more efficient

- Works properly on non-rectangular selections

• Upvote 5

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I came back to this thread to confirm the crash and probable incompatibility with PDN 4.

Thank you toe_head. You fixed it in the time it took me to test it!

Xkds4Lh.png

Thanks for the update toe_head. I've added your zip file to the first post.

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

First try and it crashed my paint. Crashlog sent to the usual email.

You used the updated release I made, or the original one for paint.net v3?

Post the crashlog here in this forum thread.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

As you wish - the new one you just updated.

Application version: paint.net 4.0.15 (Final 4.15.6309.42632)

Time of crash: 2017-04-13 2:41:49 PM

Application uptime: 00:01:23.0193871

Application state: Running

Working set: 206,276 KiB

Handles and threads: 1796 handles, 34 threads, 218 gdi, 248 user

Install directory: C:\Program Files\paint.net

Current directory: C:\Program Files\paint.net

OS Version: 10.0.14393.0 Workstation x64

.NET version: CLR 4.0.30319.42000 x64, FX 4.6

Processor: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz" @ ~3193MHz (4C/4T, DEP, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, XSAVE)

Physical memory: 8143 MB

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 (v:10DE, d:1286, r:161), Microsoft Basic Render Driver (v:1414, d:8C, r:0)

Hardware acceleration: True (default: True)

UI animations: True

UI DPI: 96.00 dpi (1.00x scale)

UI theme: Aero/Aero + DWM (Aero.msstyles)

Updates: True, 2017-04-13

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: en-US, cc: en-CA, cuic: en-US

Flags:

Exception details:

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()

at ExamplePropertyBased.StrayPixelsEffect.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 98

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 170

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 150

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 142

at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectRendererWorkItemQueue.OnExecuteNextWorkItem() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\EffectRendererWorkItemQueue.cs:line 131

at PaintDotNet.Threading.MultithreadedWorkItemDispatcher.WorkThreadProc(Object context) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Threading\MultithreadedWorkItemDispatcher.cs:line 512

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Managed assemblies:

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PaintDotNet, Version=4.15.6309.42632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe

PaintDotNet.Base, Version=4.15.6309.42632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.Base.dll

WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\WindowsBase\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\WindowsBase.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationFramework.dll

PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationCore\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationCore.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 @ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

PaintDotNet.Core, Version=4.15.6309.42632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.Core.dll

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=4.15.6309.42632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.dll

PaintDotNet.Framework, Version=4.15.6309.42632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.Framework.dll

PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=4.15.6309.42632, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null @ C:\Program Files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.Resources.dll

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

That's an exception you'll see if your `List<T>` is modified (e.g. via `Add()` or `Remove()` etc.) at the same time as enumeration (like with a `foreach`).

So, basically, the use of this `List<T>` is being done without synchronization (locks).

This can be fixed in many ways. One hacky approach is to use `EffectFlags.SingleThreaded`.

Edit: darn, I forgot that this forum doesn't support Markup. Pretend all of my `things in ticks` are using a "code" font :) 

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Nice. Thank you Toe-Head. I've updated the first post.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Man, I have been looking for this plugin for AGES, thank you so much guys.

It's great for removing leftover dots after using ArgusMagnus' Unblend.