A Gallery (New laptop, new sketch)

Beta0

• 6 months later...

Hi, you still around? Hope so. :)

So interesting putting texture with your drawings: the Girl and Fluf Creature are really good. I have use textures, but not in the way you have done.

I would have never guessed that the bird drawing at Image Shack started out as a line drawing.

And I love the yellowy green in your sig. :P

SloppySig.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2015 at 8:59 PM, doughty said:

Hi, you still around? Hope so. :)

So interesting putting texture with your drawings: the Girl and Fluf Creature are really good. I have use textures, but not in the way you have done.

I would have never guessed that the bird drawing at Image Shack started out as a line drawing.

And I love the yellowy green in your sig. :P

Long hiatus... Yep. Sorry I've took so long to reply.

Well... It was a combo of textures and brushing since the older version of PDN made the brush seem like chalk, color pencil or any other textured traditional media. (I still have that version...plus a new one.) Some digital artists use textures, build them up with brushes or use a combination of both to make their works more interesting...or as realistic as possible. My aim with that piece was to see if I could emulate a traditional drawing with a digital program. I'm not sure if I succeeded. And, now that I saw it...I wonder if I should redraw it. :S

I'm curious. How do you use textures?

It did. Then, it became values (white, black and shades of gray.) And, finally, coloring. I got crazy using different layer blending modes and plugins (mostly gaussian blur and, possibly, median.) I don't remember how much time I've spent on it, but it was worth it. :]

Thanks. :]

Note: I don't have it anymore...

Edited by Beta0

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Beta, welcome back.

When I posted above I think I had been gone for a while too.

Life gets in the way.

Guess what I was trying to say is I like your style.:tard3:

I've made a ton of textures, but not really thought of them as "art". I do use them as added interest to some works. 

I hope to see more work from you as I find it very interesting. 

SloppySig.png

On 12/10/2016 at 0:34 PM, doughty said:

Hi! Beta, welcome back.

When I posted above I think I had been gone for a while too.

Life gets in the way.

Guess what I was trying to say is I like your style.:tard3:

I've made a ton of textures, but not really thought of them as "art". I do use them as added interest to some works. 

I hope to see more work from you as I find it very interesting. 

Thanks. And Happy (late) New Year. :]

Yep. I know the feeling. Sometimes, I forget I have an account here. -.-

Thanks. I'm a texture maniac. X]

Sure. More of them will come. Just that, when I post them, it'll be on the first post of the thread. (I should have thought of that in the first place...)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maximilian said:

This gallery features a good number of masterpieces appl.gif Keep it going!LaieA_060.gif

Thanks. Most of them are either sketches or experiments with the program. :)

And yes, I will. :]

I really like the brushed metal look of the side profile, and the last stage of the heart sigs. Very nice and great job!

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

<3 @Beta0!

New works are a whole tool, especially the heart. :trophy: Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Red ochre Thanks. And you're welcome. :)

@hippiechos Side profile? You mean my avatar? o.o

I'm glad you like them. Thanks! :)

@Seerose Thank you. And you're welcome. :)

Edited by Beta0

I did two things on YouTube. It's about PDN. It's about sketching. And they're kind of odd. Still trying to get the hang of doing speed-sketching videos. :/

Note: It's on the first page. :]

Edited by Beta0

@welshblue Thanks! :] About the fail, it's not the sketches. Sketches don't always look clean and detailed, so I don't worry much about them. :lol: The whole fail issue has to do with both videos. The different programs I use act slow and laggy, or fast and efficient. So, recording sketches becomes tricky. :/ To me, the best way to do it is if:

• said recordings are fixed on the program window;
  • the colors are limited and ready to use;
  • I try not to rush the sketch, and;
  • I establish a 30-minute limit for the recording.

Plus, I have to edit them so they don't go over 15 minutes. Better keep them short! :lol:

Now that you mention pop art, I checked Google Images to compare my sketches and images from said movement. I've been using color and value, making sure the sketches are well shaded and don't end up as a monochromatic or analogous composition. :/ I never thought for a moment that they might look as pop art. Must be the saturated result. :lol: However, that gives me an idea on what their future outcome could be. o.o Also, I looked for art with raw emotion. Man...I might've been incorporating those ideas months or a few years ago. So many faceless people and 'incomplete' semi-abstract sketches... I blame Laovaan (an artist from YouTube) for showing that video about his experience in art school/college. And my time spent doodling silhouettes and abstract stuff with ballpoint pens. D8

Having that pic hanging on your wall might be a problem... I have no idea how to sell my artwork. 8D

And you're welcome. There's more to come! :mrcyan:

(PS.: Watch out, man! :lol: )

@Pixey Thanks. Like I wrote before, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. :mrcyan: I hope the blonde girl didn't incite any quarrel between them. X]

• 2 weeks later...

@Beta0   The 'speedsketching' is very good.  I would never attempt something like that...I applaud you!  :star:  :star:

<3 @Beta0! I watched your videos and images. :trophy:  Very beautiful works. Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

On 3/31/2018 at 9:38 AM, Seerose said:

<3 @Beta0! I watched your videos and images. :trophy:  Very beautiful works. Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

@Seerose Thanks for the feedback. And you're welcome! 😄 

Also, sorry for replying a year to late. 😅

Finally, I posted a new image. 😁

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...