How to Install Plugins ×

TR's Edge Fader Extreme V 5.3.5 (June 15th 2014)

OK version 4.1 is up - bug fixed - note thet  Preview was sacrificed for Speed on larger images

On smaller images it's fast as hell

Slider was blowing the stack on larger images. Programatically exited the preview when slider is changed and protected the stack with try and catch.

Skullbonz the dll will overwrite itself.

Post Edit: 4.2 is the current version

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

• 2 weeks later...

It works by tracing the alpha then it does consecutive passes shrinking the outline and reducing the alpha until it hits solid. It totally ignores a selection so if you use a selection it may never get fed the alpha edges by pdn. Alpha Only.

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Lol, I was trying to fade a whole image instead of a cropped piece of the image,Duhh. <-- (smacks self in head)   :)    I got it working now that I woke up,lol.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

4.3 just posted - it turns preview back on - PDN doesnt render the preview accurately until it hits 100%. Then it looks perfect

v 4.3 was updated to feather the edges better.

If your having trouble rendering :

1. deselect 
  2. make sure your on the right layer.

Preview appears choppy                       Fully render image appears smooth

efpreview.png?raw=1

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

DD 

I uploaded a Beta with no preview option in the original post, try it , it's much quicker but by removing the preview you cant see the progress. it just appears when i t's done.  try setting it around 100 and checking preview off.

Any suggestions in making it more user friendly is welcomed.

EFBeta.PNG?raw=1

I know it says Faste , but it's a Beta

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

DD , Skull and Everybody else.

Eureka, Holy Cow, Huzzah!!!!

I figured out how to bypass the ROI scanlines and retain the progress dialogs!!!!!!

Speed is dependant on image size but watch this video.

Video Removed

Edited by TechnoRobbo

TRsSig.png?raw=1

Updated to V4.51 to solve a Window's C# issue.

For you programmers out there, here's a heads up:

If you add 255 together 9 times using a double-precision variable and then divide by 9 you do not get 255. 255 is fully opaque. Silly Microsoft.

TRsSig.png?raw=1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A very useful plugin that’s well worth installing, thanks and kudos to TechnoRobbo.

In the past I was using the Fade Edge plugin by KrisVDM. It does a good job on the entire (rectangular) image, but not where parts are cut off.

Here’s a comparison of the two plugins.

Original image:

iVJFtwx.png

To demonstrate the difference between the two plugins, I first applied the Radius Fill Corners plugin to round off the corners:

Srg46hy.png

Now applied the Fade Edge. It doesn’t work on the rounded corners:

Hh8fLBs.png

Now applied instead the Edge Fader Extreme, which works all round:

vlak20s.png

To be fair, the Fade Edge also has its advantages:

Has a preview.

Works faster.

Has two control parameters: width and power as compared to only fade amount (but which does the job).

Is more convenient to apply on entire rectangular image (I had to add the image to a transparent background to get the Edge Fader Extreme to work).

And a small bug/annoyance? Cancelling the Edge Fader Extreme without applying it still takes a long time (Panit.NET v3.5.1).

As a final remark, there’s a slight difference in philosophy between the two, as the Fade Edge is under Photo menu, whereas the Edge Fader Extreme is under Object menu. Since they do similar work, one would logically expect to find them under the same menu.

All things are difficult before they are easy.  (Thomas Fuller)

My signature was really annoying, so BoltBait deleted it. I should probably read rule #13 of the forum rules.

The placement of the effects is accurate IMHO.

Fade Edge is designed to be used with rectangular images (i.e. photos) so resides under the Photo submenu.

Edge Fader Extreme works on irregular shapes with a transparent surround. We call these Objects hence the location under the Object menu.

Think of it like painting. You would use a roller to paint a wall but not a bike frame. For the bike you'd use a spraycan because the frame when hung up is surrounded by air (transparency). You find spraycans and rollers in different places in your hardware store ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dude, this was the plugin that helped me achieve this animation effect on this sprite! (granted I used an older version of the plugin, but still):

MiaPose1DissolveOut-Huddini.gifMiaPose1ReverseDissolveOut-Huddini.gif
MiaPose4DissolveOut-Huddini.gifMiaPose4ReversedDissolvedOut-Huddini.gif

Thanks a BUNCH for this plugin! I wish this could get stickied/pinned, since it's REALLY useful for sprite image manipulation

Edited by huddini
  • Upvote 1