Replacement host needed.

nitenurse79

It is time that I left the sig of the week comp.

I have managed and maintained this for the last 16 comps (32 weeks in total, counting the  vote stages) now how ever there is people on here who think they can do better, so it it now my announcement that I am giving up the role of host after this weeks topic (sotw#76 cityscape) There is many people who will be happy to see the back of me and will now enter the competition.

Good luck to who ever host's it in the future. 

ZXCBOoZ.png

? what's gone on here ? People put effort into making a signature and then find out the comp has been removed ? for what reason ?  If you don't want to be host anymore nitenurse, I will look after it, you could have at least let this comp run out first :(

I will put myself forward to run this, who else wants to be host ? 

BREtKQW.png

I apologize. I said the wrong thing, had a mood swing, and acted childishly. I can be over-sensitive sometimes, and a particular comment hit me the wrong way.

My intention was to poke fun at myself and my being numerically challenged. I thought there might be other people like myself, who don't hold numbers in their heads very well. I did not intend to dictate anything.

Nitenurse, I never meant you should change anything. You've done a great job hosting the competition, and I would like to see you stay on. I don't think I will participate because I hate the thought that something I said would cause so much trouble.

Well this is all a bit childish,saw nothing wrong with Blackpenny's question, NN79's response was a bit standoffish though and then to cancel the comp after all the hardwork everyone put in is just lame.

I too vote for Drew to take over :)

Sounds like NN79 had a bad week at work - perhaps she will reconsider?
I couldn't read anything bad into what Blackpenny said - it was only a suggestion.

I'm sure Drew would make an excellent host if NN79 has quit. :star:

I did notice that when the last lot of results where announced the thread title was still 'voting open' - perhaps that's why people voted after the deadline? - (not me honest! - I rarely vote - naughty step again  :D).

Anyways, thanks NN79 for running the comp for so long. :star:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I think we should wait for NiteNurse to possibly cool down and come back. If I saw how eager others were to replace me, I might get a little insulted. Anyone agree?

Edit: It appears NiteNurse79 has left the forum for good. Both her avatar and signature have been removed. It's unfortunate to lose such an active member.

Edited by Daniels

Well if that "argument" is all it took for her to leave then so be it but at 33 years old I would of expected her to be more mature about it especially as she is a fully qualified paramedic and emergency care assistant.  Wonder what her bedside manner is like ?

If this is really all down to a real ****** day at work and she apologises then so be it,we all have bad days and sometimes post when we really shouldn't,but in my book it needs to be sooner rather than later.

I've reopened the competition.  A new host will be appointed in due course.

DrewDale has been promoted to host.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

DrewDale has been appointed Competition Host.  Congratulations DrewDale!

Your first task is to remind us of the closing date for the current CityScape competition!  Give yourself some extra time if necessary. 

For help with running the competition - please just ask me or one of the other competition hosts.

I wanted to ask all to relax and think a moment. I too have a hard time knowing what someones intention is when reading it. In person something may seem totally harmless or a joke. There's a big difference when seeing facial expressions or body language when humans interpret these things. Think a moment before hitting post or send. It may not be received the way you intended it to be. Cultural differences impact things as well.

• Upvote 1

I think the intent is all too clear.  No one was forced or coerced to do anything they did not wish to.  Changes have been made accordingly, and I think appropriately, in this situation.

I'm sure most of us will miss NiteNurse hosting these competitions.  She did a wonderful job and I want to thank her personally for that.

Unfortunately what's done is done.  Let's not dwell on it.  I would like us to turn the page, offer DrewDale our support and understanding as he finds his feet, and find out what he has to bring to these competitions.

Congrats Drew! :D

I always looked at the competition entries and seeing such amazing talents made me all warm inside knowing that we have such talented people on board. 

Thank you Nitenurse for hosting for so long. 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I too thank @NN for her hosting for all that time and am saddened to see it end like this.  However, as @EER says I guess we have no choice but to move on and congrats to @DD for taking it on.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you people for the vote of confidence and also to pyrochild and eer for the promotion. I can't seem to move the comp back into the main thread though.

But I will extend the deadline to be for Monday 4th march at 9PM UK Time, to see how that equates to other countries, here is a link to the World Time

Again thanks for the promotion :)

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Welshblue. I will post up what has been entered so far, that way others can enter if they wish to :)  I hope blackpenny will repost too.

BREtKQW.png

Congrats DrewDale.  A big thanks to nitenurse for her running the past comps.

I also agree that blackpenny should re-post the entry too. :)

swIFX9v.png

Congratulations Drew! I hope you didn't add the link to the world clock just for me. :smile:  I'm sure there will be people new to the comps who can use it.

I thought nitenurse did a great job too, and I have no idea what she meant about anyone wanting to see her leave.

I don't know about re-posting my entry. I'd have to find it, and I've re-organized my files -  I swear it made sense at the time! And I'm not entirely happy with it anyway. Maybe next time. Thanks guys!

Thanks blackpenny for the congrats.

The world clock is a good idea, I know I would need it if a host used their local time to end a comp, good suggestion IMO. I have days that I don't even know the time in my own country :lol:

nitenurse leaving is a pity, I don't recall anyone ever wishing her to leave either, all a little sudden really.

I do hope you find your entry and repost it, I thought it was cool B)

BREtKQW.png

I am deeply sorry for the childish way that I reacted to blackpenny, I did at one time have a time zone link in each competition, but removed it (for no reason)

I have, for some time been thinking of giving up my role as a competition host and could have resigned my post in a more mature and dignified way. The one thing I have learned from this is not to bring the problems the outside world throws at us on to a forum not related to our individual lives. 

I thank you all for supporting the SOTW competition under my hosting and I wish DrewDale the best of luck and sincere congratulations in his role as host. 
I do hope to enter future competitions (if that is ok with people on here)

There are too many people to thank and far too many people to say sorry to on one here, all I ask is you accept my apologies. 

Once again - congratulations to DrewDale. I am sure the competition will keep alive for a long time to come. 

Thank you for reading.  <3

Leanne. 

• Upvote 6

ZXCBOoZ.png

Great to have you back NiteNurse79!  Your post is obviously from the heart.  Don't worry, you are among friends who value you.

Of COURSE you can enter competitions - wouldn't have it any other way :)

• Upvote 3