How can I join images together - sort of stitch

If I am creating custom DVD sleeves, I basically do the front, spine and back as separate images then currently join them together is a round about way using the image import function in MS Word

It works, and also allows me to final tweak the image size to my specifications, but its a pain

Plus like I did recently, I thought I'd have a go at creating a background image for the DVD cover as well, so for that I needed to join all the parts together and treat it as one image to allow Paint.net to overlay a background image

It turned out very good .... eventually. After working out how to apply an image as a background and also let me change how strong the image comes through as a background

The biggest problem was working out how to join all 3 images into one using just paint.net, which I couldn't work out how to do

So, in the end I had to use a stitching program to do that part for me, which still took some effort to line it all up by hand, as auto mode creating what it thought it should like which was all wrong, then save that image, then load that into Paint.net to apply the background

Long winded, and I'd have preferred to do it all in Paint.net without having to use yet more software to do what should have been easy to do, if I knew how !

Is joining images together with Paint.net possible, even better would be able to load in any image size and any image, resize as required and then join multiple images together to create one big image. Which can then be resized as required

I suppose its a manual stitch really. Just a flat image, no need for wraparound or panoramic images

Is joining images together with Paint.net possible, even better would be able to load in any image size and any image, resize as required and then join multiple images together to create one big image. Which can then be resized as required.

Absolutely and quite easily!

Quick solution...

1. Create your image size. If my memory is correct, the dimensions for a standard dvd sleeve would be: 10"x 8".

2. Layers > Import From File... Select the file you want to use for the front image and place where you like.

3. Repeat step 2 for the back image. Then again for the spine image.

4. Image > Flatten then File > Save As...

If that doesn't help you, perhaps a quick search and a little reading of the Help Topics can. Help > Help Topics :wink:

• Upvote 1

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Many thanks, I fiddled around for a bit and got some quick practice in so next time I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and I now know how to add backgrounds or watermarks, so the end results should look even better with a lot less effort and wasted time

I managed to do all the editing and final printing in Paint.net which is what I wanted to achieve instead of having to fiddle about using multiple software packages

• 10 years later...