Clipwarp Shiny Text

barbieq25

What a beautiful text effect!

I used Calligrapher font and tweaked a lot of the settings. I realize the tut is a bit old and I didn't have the old Clipwarp. I used ClipwarpNew and really had to play around with it.

I'm pretty happy with the result.

Thanks so much barbieq25!    :mrcyan:

clipwarpshiny.png

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image
  • Upvote 2

Love your outcome Lynxter. Glad you found it useful. Tutes should help you understand how certain plugins work & how to achieve some effects/techniques. I have not re-visited this one to change the setting for the new version of clipwarp. At least 2 of the plugins have changed since I wrote the tute. It is on my very long to-do list :D 

Your outcome is great! The font style works really well too. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 year later...

I hope this isn't necromancy...but, I had to try this. I used the effect to make a love note for my husband, although it applies to PDN as well! (Just don't tell him I said that!)

Lovely effect, @barbieq25!

Bw8jGMT.jpg

• Upvote 5

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

20 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

I hope this isn't necromancy...but, I had to try this.

Nothing to worry about, LionsDragon. Posting to old Tutorial threads isn't necromancy.

11) Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject. However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, Pictorium, or Plugins sections of the forum.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Barbie,

I love your tutorial, only one thing what font did you use?  You might want to include that.  I found a font I liked, but really loved the font you used.  Please let me know the name of it.  Keep up the good tutorials.  I am just learning and your a big help.

Thanks

Loriblackdog

Clip_Warp_Shiny_Text.png

@barbieq25 Another great Tut I finally got around to trying. Reducing the size sure looses a lot of detail. The 2400 was too big to post. I may have to change my sig now. Now that I have the jist of it I may try something other than flowers.

@Loriblackdog She did mention the font which I googled and tracked down to an assortment of choices. I guess Edwardian is generic. The one I used was called Klemissky

• Like 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

I think Edwardian is an old one: https://www.dafontfree.net/freefonts-edwardian-script-itc-f64975.htm 

Once you have completed the tute, @AndrewDavid, resize it down by 25% So if you want to use it for a sig, then start with 2000 x 600 & then reduce it down by 25% & that should be fine to use as a sig & you should not get the dreaded jaggies.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@butterfly8000  Very pretty homage to Mother's Day!  Same to you, if applicable.  ☺️