Image Battles - discussion

OddLlama

Congratulations on the new competition :):

I just have two questions:

1- How about restricting the dimentions for posted images in this thread, but have an option to link to the larger (larger than 800X600) zise if available?

2- Is the voting based on someone's taste only, or there is some art criteria we need to follow?

Thanks.

As example, the latest two images of HyReZ and skullbonz, HyReZ's has nice flow but it is hurting my eyes but maybe not someone else's eyes, and skullbonz's texture is awesome and I really like to see more details in a larger size if available..!

So based on this, I think it is unfair to just don't give my vote to HyReZ because it isn't suit my taste.

Thanks.

Is the competition between NN and chimay12345 over ?

No, as far as I can gather (at the time of posting this) it is 2 points to me and 1 point to chimay, once again people don't read the rules or vote properly. It's just a free for all in this comp! Entrants barging in before a battle is over. :roll:

ZXCBOoZ.png

If you break the rules you should be suspended from entering the next battle ... that'll get people to be more careful :)

100% in agreement with this :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

To me the 1-0 scoring system is too brutal. Very harsh on the entrant who gets whipped 3-0 - their entry has merit too!

How about scoring each entry with 1-5 stars? The winner is the first to reach 20 stars :star: :star:

I think we should allow others some time to offer their thoughts. Glad you like the idea.

So now this comp has a scoring system AND a rating system?

But still the rule of - A battle is over when one of the competitors have reached three legal votes.

Confusion is bound to happen. :unimpressed:

BREtKQW.png

So now this comp has a scoring system AND a rating system?

Bound to be messy. I think we should stick with one system. My preference (as above) is to score each entry on a 1-5 scale. Totaling the scores as the vote progresses.

But still the rule of - A battle is over when one of the competitors have reached three legal votes.

Confusion is bound to happen. :unimpressed:

"A battle is over when one competitor has reached 20 stars/points".

BTW: We can always demo a scoring system to see if it works.

Bound to be messy. I think we should stick with one system. My preference (as above) is to score each entry on a 1-5 scale. Totaling the scores as the vote progresses.

"A battle is over when one competitor has reached 20 stars/points".

BTW: We can always demo a scoring system to see if it works.

I would prefer this method also a 1-5 scale is much better, the more complex the voting system, the more headaches will be caused by people not understanding how to vote in the correct way.

BREtKQW.png

I see there is plenty of confusion on the new rating system and I can see why,points and a rating sysytem just seems a bit dumb. Surely it should just be the rating system out of 5 stars with each voter adding up the score as he or she goes.

ie. Voter one - I love image 1 and give it 4 stars

Not so keen on image 2 and give it 1 star

(No need to add who won as its obvious )

Voter 2 - Image 1 is fantastic I also give it 4 stars

I also quite like image 2 and give it 3 stars

Score so far Image 1 - 8 stars

Image 2 - 4 stars

(and so on until one voter gives enough stars to take the tally on one of the images to 20 at which point that image is declared the winner and a new battle can start )

^ This is as I envisioned. Well put Minners71

^Its not exactly rocket science is it,lol.

This is though

38e3489ed60c0ca473732fbc76b44795.png

where 3373298468e67b831345093e0ab4b98e.png is the momentum of the rocket at time t=0: 011dc47b9917cbf43e45350672358bad.png

and 1dc83ef3d6e2e4ab7b969dd95c160d05.png is the momentum of the rocket and exhausted mass at time f4219d9cd080231fc2acb87d9f1574ff.png: 210c3265b53f2e755a5295497081e904.png

and where, with respect to the observer: c3f97a4420c67227501e8aa037c1c616.png is the velocity of the rocket at time t=0 f26bff545b9f936b3b49d1ffb6e715e5.png is the velocity of the rocket at time f4219d9cd080231fc2acb87d9f1574ff.png0436d87c2b6c76e631e64dda8e9570c9.png is the velocity of the mass added to the exhaust (and lost by the rocket) during time 0460d7a69dc59138dcd9c85dbebebfe2.png859a25409f35f6fb73e4c87e08daecb4.png is the mass of the rocket at time t=0 79dd9720ffa5bbe026e23afc9ab4df3c.png is the mass of the rocket at time f4219d9cd080231fc2acb87d9f1574ff.png

The velocity of the exhaust f5f6d11a1c9228b44abda6beeef79da7.png in the observer frame is related to the velocity of the exhaust in the rocket frame 5361d0af0de1c4e3771a8caef3639b7f.png by (since exhaust velocity is in the negative direction) c238ab3d76d78cc935bb995ccf47bf95.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity (and because the new scoring system allows for it...), what happens in the case of a tie?

after a minute of thought: maybe you could have a tiebreaker round using the old "best of 5" system (first to 3 votes wins)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

How about a tie meaning just that, does there always have to be a winner ?

<brain explodes>

Just kidding :P Good point--I can't believe I actually hadn't thought of that lol

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo