Image Battles

OddLlama

mwr5z.png

Welcome to Image Battles!

This is a competition similar to Signature Battles, but with images. (link to sig battles)

Hosted by OddLlama.

To vote, rate each competitor out of 5 stars. The first to 15 stars wins the battle.
Example voting post:
Person1: I really like the glowing thing! The background looks great also.
Person2: The border is a bit odd, but I like the firey effect. I just like Person1's more, but yours is great too!

Person1: 5 stars :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Person2: 4 stars :star: :star: :star: :star:

Inspiration from Sig Battles, which was originally created by Flow55
--------------------------------------------------------------
Image battles is where you can enter one of your Paint.NET creations against someone else's image. The maximum amount of people that can participate at a time is two, and the first to get three legal votes from other members wins!

To start, make sure a battle is not currently in progress, and then enter an image. Then someone else will enter with their image, and the battle will begin! Good luck! Also make sure to read ALL of the rules (below) before entering.

Image Battle Rules!

Thanks to csm725 and ImAnOwl? for coming up with the original rules!

1. The image must be created/edited in Paint.NET.
2. The image size cannot be more than 800 by 600 (or 600 by 800) pixels.
3. If demanded, the creator must link to the render(s) or stock(s) used. (C4D's not included)
s 3a. You must say what parts of your image are stocks / renders and what parts are 100% PDN.
4. If you are a participant in the battle, you cannot vote. If you do, your vote will be ignored.
5. When voting you must say who you are voting for, and at the end of the post show the score.
s 5a. You can not vote more than once in a single battle.
6. A battle is over when one of the competitors have reached three fifteen legal votes.
7. You may have only one battle of only two people running at the same time.
8. You can't simply say "I like yours better" and give the person a vote. This means you can't have a post like this:

CSM: 1
Chrisco: 0

s8a. If you don't have a good reason to vote for someone, then just don't vote. You don't HAVE to post in a thread!
9. You must give a star rating to each image out of 5 stars.
10. If you violate any rule, your vote/image submission will not count and all of your submissions/votes will be suspended for 2 days.

This thread is only for posting a image and/or voting!
If you want to discuss things about the battles, visit the discussion thread located here.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Amended rule 6 with new total

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

welsh- Great flowers, love the texture :D Prety realistic :D

Sand33p- One thing: MOST <No cursing.>ING BRILLIANT MASTERPIECE I'VE EVER SEEN

Welsh- 0

Sand33p- 1

• Upvote 1
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

Welshblue - I really like the simplicity of this piece, creative use of a great plugin.

Sand33p - Stunning work, should be in a different comp, I do feel the loss of size has taken the edge off it.

Tough call, but Welshblue get's my vote on this one.

score now stands at;

Welshblue - 1

Sand33p - 1

BREtKQW.png

Welshblue - really like the flowers and the simplicity too but the plain black background is a bit boring for me

Sand33p - all fits together well, a lot of detailed work

Welshblue - 1

Sand33p - 2

sig_garfield.png

Welsh: Great work. Looks really cool but is a bit too simplistic and the plain black background throws it off a bit.

Sand: WOW that is AMAZING best work I've ever seen in PDN.

Welsh - 1

Sand - 3

Sand wins!

• Upvote 1

Nos

2nlvj0n.png

A background for a poem I made, I have one with a poem on it, but it is written in Dutch, my mother-language, and I'm a terrible poet xD So I'm a bit ashamed to show it :$

Used some random parchment and grass texture (don't know the links), rest is fully PDN

Edited by chimay12321

nitenurse79 - great 3D perspective, great colours and reflection, nice work :) Cool new avatar too by the way.

chimay12321 - great concept, but a little bit ragged around the grass and scroll, not really sure why you have those two lines around the left hand side either :/

nitenurse79 - 1

chimay12321 - 0

BREtKQW.png

Please ignore that image, it violates the rules of this competition.

chimay: That looks great! I like the background and those two line things (I don't know what they are, but nice effect :) )

nitenurse: It's really good, but it's just somewhat... simple. Not that that's bad, but my vote goes to chimay.

chimay 1, nitenurse 1

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

Please ignore that image, it violates the rules of this competition.

I removed it for you.

You didn't let the third one vote. Did you read the rules?

If I can vote I cast a vote for nitenurse.

Nitenurse; I can see it is all pdn and you are on to something with it.

Chimay; Sorry it just doesn't do it for me.

Nitenurse79: 2

Chimay12321: 1

Nitenurse wins. ;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

HyReZ & Skullbonz - there is still a battle between mine and chimay's entry.

Read rule 6. A battle is over when one of the competitors have reached three legal votes.

I have only got two votes so far.

ZXCBOoZ.png

I will challenge you with this:

MedievalWall2.jpg

Original photo was taken by me. The version shown there is from the "Ink sketch" tutorial (not the artistic effect, but the one that requires work).

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

I vote Welsh's.

The great amount of detail and near photo-realism (in my mind) far outweighs the finished piece AGJM has provided (though I do like the photo itself).

welsh 2 and agjm 0.

Welshblue: that looks amazing! It's extremely realistic and each little panel on him is perfect. :)

AGJM: It's a nice effect, but it's just a photo with an effect on it. Sorry, but my vote goes to welsh.

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

So then I assume I am not allowed to vote then? Because I did throw the third vote in first. Ok then,I will remove my entry and just sit back and watch from now on.

To hell with these competitions.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

So then I assume I am not allowed to vote then? Because I did throw the third vote in first. Ok then,I will remove my entry and just sit back and watch from now on.

It isn't best of three, but untill the three. 3:2 is a legal amount of votes. The one that collect first 3 votes for his image, wins the comp

The same as OddLlama

Welsh- 3

AGJM- 0

Edited by chimay12321

I know how you feel.

members voting and not adding a score, people diving in with an entry when there is a battle going on. And as always, no one reads the rules!

ZXCBOoZ.png

vote Welsh's.

The great amount of detail and near photo-realism (in my mind) far outweighs the finished piece AGJM has provided (though I do like the photo itself).

Read rule #5 jim ;)

"5. When voting you must say who you are voting for, and at the end of the post show the score"

ZXCBOoZ.png