DrewDale's Images - Updated Dec 26. 2014

DrewDale

I see some nice new additions here DrewDale. The caged logo is really nice, love the colours. Orbular illusion is a clever piece too. I like how you don't stick to just one format, very inventive works :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thanks nitenurse79. I try to mix and match my styles. The caged logo was more complex until jim100361 pointed me in the right direction, the image on this page was just a rough version of it, but the one in my gallery is the final version. Thank you for the feedback :)

BREtKQW.png

Not really sure how I announce image updates here, do I post a new pic (as I have done) on page one? or do I add new ones each time a page is created? :/

BREtKQW.png

Its up to you, some keep everything on the first page then update the title ie. Drewdales Gallery new images added 5/12/12

others jutp post on the latest page. You need to use the full editor though to update your gallery title.

Got to admit Welshblue, I'm the worst when it comes to adding the finer details (shadow / perspective etc) I think it's only when it is pointed out, that I really notice stuff like that missing. Any pointers are taken on-board and will help my images develop. Thank you for the tips and advice :)

BREtKQW.png

You have some really good stuff in here DrewDale. I especially like the glass cube, liquid cool and the woodwork ones, your signatures nice too. Nice work all round. :)

swIFX9v.png

What a lovely gallery to visit! You have some great ideas & I know you will go far with PDN. I can see that in the way you use tutes & suggestions. Light & shadows, perspective - these are bugbears of mine too. Luckily we have great people here who can see where we need to adjust an image. With layers & saving everything as a working .PDN file, it makes the job so much easier. Learning is half the fun. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks sasha, nitenurse79, barbieq25 & Helen for your comments and feedback :)

@barbieq25 - Your new sig and avi are very nicely made, I love the glow and colours on the 25, very clean.

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Ha, ha - I love the Radioactive bowl!  Very psycadelic indeed.  I also like the result of the caged logo, but ... to add my 2 cents worth, think that the ball might 'pop' a bit more if it had an outside ring like this:

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx62/Pixey-/Aring.png'>th_Aring.png

Just a matter of opinion and you may not agree :black:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks nanettealsop, your right, it does make the image far better. As always people can see things others miss ;) thank you for adding pop. :)

BREtKQW.png

The larger version of that comp signature is really impressive DrewDale, The beam of light reflected on the tree is so realistic, great job. :)

swIFX9v.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sasha and Helen. :)  I'm pretty chuffed with that metal one and to be compared to Welshblue is an honour, indeed I have admired his work and perhaps it has influenced me to go darker? :lol:

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Welshblue. It's funny you mention that because I did originally plan to add some shadow, but feared it might be a little overkill. Also now it's pointed out perhaps a little bit more AA's Assistant wouldn't have harmed (I only ran it once on each ring)  Thanks for the feedback from the master. :) I shall take on-board your tips, but I can't promise that I won't fall further into the dark :lol:

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

What's wrong with dark?? :P Welshy's fault :D

The metal is great. The remind me of bearings which is always a good thing. 

I recall Welshy saying that he uses Feather & AA Assistant in many of his images. I have tried that too & it works well too esp. when I forget to upsize an image before running the gold technique. 

Drew, you will find your own way of doing things & I must say that you have come a long way in a short time :) Great to see!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks for the tips and the feedback  barbieq25,  : Sometimes I remember to run AA but more often than not I forget all about it (until it's pointed out to me)  I see a lot of dark side images on here, I'm pretty sure I am getting the inspiration from more than one member here :lol:

BREtKQW.png

I'm liking your new works DrewDale. The Clip warp's are outstanding, both of the large sigs look really nice and your current sig is very clean and minimalistic :)

swIFX9v.png