Sign in to follow this  
welshblue

Logo/ Banner Challenge Discussion thread

DrewDale    648

It ain't busted. Why fix it. 

Exactly! :)

Sorry guys, as mentioned I didn't intend to ruffle feathers or offend anyone which I'm sorry if I did. I just have a thing in that if I feel something isn't right, I'll speak up on it and try to find a solution so that everyone's best interests are covered. The anonymous voting thing is simply a suggestion, nothing more than that k.

I like to think I am doing a top job hosting SOTW. And I know Daniels is doing a top job as host of the Logo / Banner comp. Things are running smoothly just as they are. I am highly impressed at how many top quality entries there is given the current time-scale in which to make a logo / banner or sig. 

As previously mentioned I personally do not vote for an entry based on who made it. I vote on how well it has been made.
Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 1

Daniels    129

Man...a lot happened overnight....

RFX: I totally understand where you are coming from on that idea. And if someone were to start a new comp, it would be a great way to run it. I just think that everyone is used to the way things are run now, and making a major change like that would take a long time to adjust to. As for the fairness aspect, in my opinion, the best entries have been winning, no matter who has submitted them. You had a great idea. I just don't think changing the comp in the middle of things is the best practice.

• Upvote 2

skullbonz    355

(I devise policies where I work that would affect millions of people on our network so I always come up with solutions to complex problems that have everyone's best interests in mind.)

In your eyes it was the best solutions,but may not appeal to the majority you talk about. Similar to how MS thought windows 8 was the better solution to windows,lol.

I also think a month would be too long of a time and comps would be slower than death.

Edited by skullbonz

welshblue    353

I brought up the subject of anonymous entries when I was hosting and as above the common consensus was N O

Personally either way doesn't bother me ... plus you can pretty much tell who's work is who's anyways.

Personality contests ? Nah. No way. Other wise I wouldn't get any votes  :smile:

RFX    33

I removed all my prior messages as I didn't want to put anyone at odds with one another. I'm just going to stick to helping people as I'd much rather help people in need of it rather than compete with people for some status I don't even need. Good luck on the future contests everyone, I wish ya'll the best of luck! :)

doughty    224

Anonymous entries, Possum Roadkill ran his competitions in that way.

Occasionally I have felt a little miffed by the voting, but the L with that, I'm having to much fun.

Paint Job Contest needs a host. And the entries are PM-d.

sashwilko    361

I think I went a little overboard on the logo #14 comp,lol,I made an ad instead of a logo,heh,heh. So be it.   :)

I think it's neat. :)

welshblue    353

It's a tad tooo busy for my tastes but you could sweep the board if others disagree ...

@ RFX ... I'm not sure what 'status' you're referring to ?

I can only speak for myself but I see the comps as something that showcases how versatile PDN is in all the different hands.

Also to see if I can come up with something that matches the theme ... which I can't always do so applaud those who do

Beta0    61

I would like to get into the competition. But I don't know what size the image should be. Is it valid to submit a pic of 800x600 pixels?

Sorry if this is a useless, bothersome question. :S

barbieq25    671

Logo can be any size but you must remember that if you want to put in a full size image the max you can have is 800 px in one direction & 600 in the other :D

So 800 x 600 would be perfect :P Look forward to an entry from you. 

skullbonz    355

Ya I noticed the size wasn't given on the last few comps for logos but been around enough to know by now,lol. As for a dating site one my mind drew a blank. Probably because I never used one,had enough relationships for this life and have no desire to have another one,lol. I have been happily divorced for 24 years and loving the single life,heh,heh,heh.       :D

I also had the same thing happen with the new one,flie sharing site logo comp,but then had a humorous idea and went with it.     :)

Daniels    129

I'll add the permitted file size to the rules... Somehow that slipped my mind. I'm too young to have a memory this bad :)