WOTW#40 Robotic Barnyard

Possum Roadkill

WOTWWater.png

WOTW # 40 Style- Semi-Realistic, Robotic Barnyard

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

Please try to make your image in the proportion of a Wallpaper, because this is a Wallpaper comp. (Duh!)

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 40 Style- Semi-Realistic, Robotic Barnyard

Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is " WOTW # 40 Style- Semi-Realistic, Robotic Barnyard"

The Theme Idea:

You are to make a wallpaper of an image using a realistic/semi-realistic style of robotic creatures that might be found in a barnyard.

You may include any other item found on a farm. You may use photos for the farm objects but not for the Robotic Animals.

Your robot(s) can be made (look like) from any substance you desire from a metallic finish to a plastic finish, even wood if you choose.

You can include any farm animal you want (for you city folk, we have Cows, Chickens Horses, Donkeys, Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Dogs, Cats, Ducks as well as bees and flowers and veggies and other crops.

There are also barns and fences and tractors and stuff like that.)

You must use Paint.Net but you may also use other graphics programs as well. You MAY ALSO use stock images, but not for the ROBOTIC ANIMALS !

This comp will run for TWO Weeks !

DO NOT Post your entries in this thread. PM your entries to me and I will post them as they come in.

THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSION ONLY !

Entry period for this competition will run through 8:00 p.m. Friday evening ( October 19th, 2012), U.S. Eastern Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in the Discussion Thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

I only have one entry sent to me and it's the night to close out the entries. I guess I could just call it the winner but that hardly seems fair to that person. What does everyone want to do? Should I extend the entry time or choose a new theme and start over? I need some input from everybody. Did I come up with a stupid theme or is everyone just too busy? Let me know ! :)

Winner by default? Would love to have competition.

Change the theme.

I would not like others able to have a longer work time while mine sits in your inbox.

I know my robots don't look very robotic compared to what I've seen around the forum, but I tried.

So come on folks join me in the fun. :lol:

SloppySig.png

@Nanette: I'd love to see you finish the chicken!

Far too complex for me sadly :(

Doesn't need to be. Sometimes simplicity is the best approach. :mrgreen:

@Nanette: I'd love to see you finish the chicken!

Me too. :grin:

OK, let's go with this theme for at least another week (Friday or Saturday of this week) and see if people can get their robots working. :scanner: Also, if you want you can also make them cyborg farm animals (part robot, part animal).

That deadline is still too short for me, as I have family visiting until next weekend and won't be able to finish anything by then. But, if you get more entries please go ahead.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not received any additional entries or even PMs showing interest in this theme. I guess I picked another loser. Sorry. Back to the ideas list to see what is available. If anyone has any preferences, let me know.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

So sorry Possum that the robot theme didn't get more entries. I definitley ran out of time and I did find it a dificult one to do. I did finish the Robo Chicken, thanks to you and @EER.

Please don't laugh!!!

th_RoboChic25finished.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.