Help with filter effect "MDNA"

mejallen

I've used paint.net to edit and enhance photos but have not tried creating any filters. I would like to duplicate the filter used on the Madonna MDNA album and would appreciate any assistance you guys can offer. I found a tutorial on youtube but it was in spanish and for photoshop. I'm not sure if i can attach an image of the cover since it is a registered image.

Thanks,

John

download and install the "tiles reflection xy" plugin

run the plugin with the angle set to 0, the "link x and y" box unchecked, tile size y set to maximum, and curvature y set to 0

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Here's the album art that mejallen is referring to:

220px-Mdna-standard-edition-cover.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm using an older version of the plugin - but I got a nicer effect with Curvature set to 8.00

yhsjjie-77.png

My version of the plug-in does not have the angle Y dial option (as far as I am aware it is the most recent update) I would prefer the one in the screenshot on the plug-in's OP page :/

ZXCBOoZ.png

My version of the plug-in does not have the angle Y dial option (as far as I am aware it is the most recent update) I would prefer the one in the screenshot on the plug-in's OP page :/

There is more than one tile reflection plugin. You probably have a different one (I can't imagine the "tiles reflection xy" plugin not having the option to adjust the y settings) Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help with the pattern effect for the font? The font is Bodoni but then an effect or pattern is put over it to make the stripes effect. There are a few tutorials online but all are for photoshop. I'd like to get the pattern so I can apply it to the font and to other graphics.

Try the Gradient Bars plugin:

1. Open a new image and fill the canvas with black.

2. Create a new layer :AddNewLayer: and in white, type your text out.

3. Create a third layer and run the Gradient Bars plugin on this third layer.

4. Select the text layer in the Layers window.

5. Activate the magic wand :MagicWandTool: and Shift + click anywhere not on the text (i.e. select everything else but the text).

6. Click on the Gradient Bars layer to activate it and press delete.

7. Save the image as a PDN.

You should wind up with something like this:

yhsjjie-82.png

8. Flatten the image.

9. Run any plugin which allows you to remove a color (black in this case) and replace it with transparency. Kill Color, Grim Color Reaper, Black and Alpha+, etc...,

10. Save in a format that preserves transparency (like PNG).

11. Import the saved image into your artwork image.