Sign in to follow this  
Ego Eram Reputo

Mastering Paint.NET - ebook

Scooter    117

Well, now you've done it. Eliminated my "I can't figure that out" excuse. While dragging me into the -gasp- 21st century, of literature. 

Many thanks for the hard work needed to create and produce this work;  I shall look forward to advancing my smattering of discordant knowledge into a unified whole. 

... as soon as I figure out how to spell amazondotcom,  I'm good to go.14638b38.gif

Scooter    117

You're almost there

Stop looking at those imposing, scantily clad women on the website you're going to :)

OH! Thats the problem.

So much to see on the inter-web and so little time......... HEY Welshblue how'd You know what I....never mind e1eb136c.gif

585c1fd4.gif Merry Christmas,

....................................................Happy Holidays

.........................................................or whatever joyful, kind, gentle greetings is correct for you

ftlog666    3

Some of you will be aware that I've been writing a book on Paint.NET. Well, it's finally here....

yhsjjie-76.png

I've written this book for beginners through to advanced users. I hope Mastering Paint.NET 3.5.10 will prove the definitive guide to our beloved image editor.

It's a complete reference to every feature, nuance, tool, filter and effect found in Paint.NET. It's almost 400 Word pages with hundreds of color images, tips, detailed explanations, hints and how-to guides.

absolutely loving it - Amazon have asked me to rate it - done ...thank you so much

ftlog666    3

If you downloaded and installed mozilla firefox, you could use the cloud reader AND uninstall IE9, freeing up space for something more useful :)

do you mean to say anyone uses IE???? aaaaaagh!!!

ftlog666    3

love this ebook & my Amazon Kindle - here is how it goes in Australia.    the book is $9.95 [wonderful] - but with my a/c anything under a certain amount is charged foreign currency exchange fees - so ended up being $32.80.   i don't care.  If you ever feel like putting this into a real paper back book i can have on my knee or read outside under the blazing hot sun here - would you please contact me & i will sent you a cheque in US currency + postage.

this book would have saved me a whole lot of embarrassment if i had it in the 1st place & a lot of people who i am sure believed i came from another planet - to those folks i thank you.   gotta start at the bottom on things i have never even attempted before. <3 it

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

The price you paid seems too much IMHO. I'm in New Zealand and regularly buy Kindle books around the same price. The land on my Kindle for around $15NZ. Your bank is overcharging you.

Sorry but the book isn't going to be published as a hard copy.

Scooter    117

Well regardless  of the price (for me $10.00 US on Amazon, Kindle reader for PC, free ) the book is great. 

i was impressed with the authors ability to inform and explain the various components of PDN.   If truth be told, the author, Scott Stringer, is much more entertaining and informative than our own Ego Eram Reputo, but that's just my opinion (ever notice how some people just cant help themselves from livening on the edge of annihilation ?--sighanim_39.gifOh well)

Thanks Scott "where ever" you are.cheers_zps84ce3d07.gif

Edited by Scooter
  • Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

i was impressed with the authors ability to inform and explain the various components of PDN.

Thank you very much :)

... If truth be told, the author, Scott Stringer, is much more entertaining and informative than our own Ego Eram Reputo

:lol: This cracked me up! Ego Eram Reputo = Scott Stringer. You know that right?

Thanks Scott "where ever" you are.

Right now? Christchurch, New Zealand ;)  And you are very welcome Scooter!

Small price to pay for something that keeps giving and giving.  

Thank Welshy!  It's your proofreading wot dun it proud.

welshblue    330

To be fair there wasn't that much to do ;)

What people don't realise is that it's not all about money - it's about the learning and EER shelling out for 2 kindles shows what type of person he is

(boring or not :lol:)

• Upvote 1

barbieq25    661

To be fair there wasn't that much to do ;)

What people don't realise is that it's not all about money - it's about the learning and EER shelling out for 2 kindles shows what type of person he is

(boring or not :lol:)

I can only agree in the strongest terms, Welshy. Maybe coz we are ocean neighbours, but I think EER is entertaining, informative & incredibly patient & kind.

• Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

Can you all see why I chose @welshblue and @barbieq25 as my proofreaders?   Despite what they allege, they both helped me immensely with the book.  Their depth of knowledge and artistic flair made them a great team to work with.  

Now they say nice things about me as well :mrgreen:

• Upvote 2

Scooter    117

Always mate.  Is why I laffed at Scooter's joke - everybody sees it ;)

WHEEEW!a3de4dcb.gif good.   My joking statements were  understood. Thanks all.   

...."as long as they are laughing with you and not at you, you can accomplish much"  

Yeah, Steve I knew you were in Christchurch, which we have on our "bucket list" to come see.  Just need a lot more, $$$US  and we'll be good to go.3874e2c6.gif

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

It's nicely presented, but has significant bits missing IMHO. I.e. under the Distort menu they manage to omit descriptions of Crystalize, Tile Reflection and Twist - even though they are shown in the screenshot :/

(or am I just being catty?)

barbieq25    661

Nicely presented. Catty - well they did ask certain folk to proof read...omissions are always possible under those circumstances :P:D:evillaugh:  :cyborg:

Not sure how I feel about this with the authors being unknown to us or are they?

david.atwell    280

Wow, Rick.  You have arrived.  Not one but TWO books about your program...and an author fight about them.  :-)

Ego Eram Reputo    1,682

The pretender is only 136 pages. Mine is four times that length for around the same price.

If I was REALLY catty I'd buy a copy and write a terrible review :lol:

Meow-hissss-meow!

• Upvote 1