Sign in to follow this  
Ego Eram Reputo

Mastering Paint.NET - ebook

welshblue    330

Avim, Kindles are very kind to the eyes & I can tell you they are very transportable. You can have almost a whole library on it & carry it with you anywhere. Unlike computer screens, they are not backlit but use a different type of screen. You can even read in full sun without too much trouble. Maybe you can go into a store somewhere & see it. Honestly, I was the same...you should see me now! I can buy books & read them without even leaving home & it's instant! I am sold :)

I was the same avim ... 'real books' over something electronic every time. Like BarbieQ' ... EER changed my mindset on that.

Over 20 books stored on the kindle ready to be read and library books on the floor gathering dust with fines due. I was concerned about screen size etc (I can never see things people show me on their phones)

Great to see you receiving the praise and support EER. Deserved mate

• Upvote 1

renee27    0

night nurse, I downloaded it--and others including my own!--to my plain ole PC. There's been a Kindle for PC around for a bit--before the newer apps. It works fine even for those of us who are technologically challenged! :) That I know you aren't. But it's good for the financially challenged as well--such as moi. Like free...

HELEN    335

We all have different styles on how we approach our creations in PDN, so I can't wait to see if this book will spark a few new ideas (I'm pretty sure it will).

• Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,680

That's the idea! :)

Remember that you can read it on virtually any screen with one of the Kindle reading apps. An ebook reader like Kindle, Nook, Kobo, etc..., is not absolutely required.

skullbonz    355

Ok,passed it on to my friends who are still stuck on layering,lol,and buying mine tomorrow. Maybe I'll learn how I'm supposed to use pdn instead of how i am and then I can compete with welshblue,lol. ;)

• Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,680

I've been told that I've described the layering concept rather well (this from a PDN user who is well known and respected).

I'm wondering if I should detail the chapters in the book so people have some idea of what is covered? Here are the book contents (remember this is over 400 MS Word pages):

Contents

Introduction

About The Author

Dedication

Acknowledgments

Conventions & Abbreviations

SECTION 1 Before You Start With Paint.NET

Chapter 1 - Introducing Paint.NET

Chapter 2 - Installing Paint.NET

SECTION 2 Basics

Chapter 3 - Understanding The Interface

Chapter 4 - The Menus Explained

Chapter 5 - Tools

Chapter 6 - Color

Chapter 7 - Layers & Layering

Chapter 8 - Adjustments

Chapter 9 - Effects

Chapter 10 - Selections & Selected Areas

SECTION 3 Advanced Concepts

Chapter 11 - Plugins

Chapter 12 - File Formats

Chapter 13 - Understanding Printing & DPI

Chapter 14 - Blend Modes

Chapter 15 - Customizing Paint.NET

APPENDIX A Keyboard Shortcuts

APPENDIX B Summary of Tips

APPENDIX C Online Resources

APPENDIX D List of Plugins

APPENDIX E Menus

What others are saying about Mastering Paint.NET

Feedback

skullbonz    355

I have a question. Can this book just be downloaded into a pc and be able be read? Or do I have to buy the kindle in order to read it? I do not own a kindle,nor do I get into reading books except manuals so for me to purchase a kindle for one read seems wasteful.

Ego Eram Reputo    1,680

There is a Kindle reading application for PC available direct from Amazon. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000426311 (kindly provided by niteNurse79 a few posts back).

Once installed you can use it so shop direct in the Kindle store & purchase the ebook. Easy! :)

I create a lot of manuals just so I can read them easily on my Kindle ;) There is even a cool browser bookmarklet called Send2Reader which will send webpages direct to your kindle. I'm sold - you should give one a try.

barbieq25    661

Before this book, I never thought a Kindle would be for me. But now if I want a book, I can get it instantly. I can carry it with me anywhere, since it is very light & reading in bed is so much more comfy. Mine is not back lit & does not make my eyes tired (or my hand & arm ;) )

The bookmarklet sounds fantastic, EER! That means I can have a pattern on my reader instead of having to print it or copy/paste into Word & save. Ooooh. Thanks ever so much yet again :)

welshblue    330

reading in bed is so much more comfy

Not if you fall asleep and drop it on your partners head and you sort of register the thunk it makes ... then realise you weren't dreaming when you get slapped awake :|

skullbonz    355

I was joking,lol,he wouldn't know the first thing on how to do it,lol,he just finally got the hang of how to save a picture after 3 years,lol. There are a lot of other things at amazon I could buy so I am going to do it right after Christmas.  Or maybe that will be my Christmas present to myself this year,lol. I have the kindle,now I need an account. Can I use yours? lol  ;)

Edited by skullbonz

himagain    0

What I'm curious about is why the ebook is not simply available as an ebook?

Why only KIndle?

I have just downloaded the KIndle-4-pc-reader to see what it is like.

It was a simple install....

I'll be back...

P.S. I "risked" 2 bucks  :orborange:  and bought :

post-80550-0-72045900-1355269357_thumb.j

So, if all is well, if it works I'll be back for this monster book!

Cheers!

(Having just saved $3000 by not buying THAT other program.... :unimpressed: )

pdnnoob    257

Just as a note, the book you bought is for paint.net version 2.0. The current version is 3.5.10.

It should still work the same way, though. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you run into issues.

• Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,680

What I'm curious about is why the ebook is not simply available as an ebook?

Why only KIndle?

Amazon was my chosen publication platform. Company strength, ubiquity, level of royalties and ease of use were hard to ignore.

However, Amazon only make the Kindle format available. I'm providing other formats by request (though to be honest, the Kindle-for-PC reader is brilliant).

• Upvote 1

dronnord    0

Can someone buy this for me and email it to me. I cannot purchase it on Amazon.ca....can you imagine...cross border shopping isn`t what it used to be.

Glad you did this I have been using this program for years. :smile:  :smile: I am learning..definetly not in the class of 90 % of this forum.

skullbonz    355

I finally remembered to pick up an amazon gift card at the store last night and purchased your book for the PC kindle that I also got from amazon. You did an awesome job on it Ego Eram Reputo,I give you two thumbs up and both big toes. ;)  

I have been using PDN for two years now and pretty much figured my way around the program and plugins but this book explains so much more that now I fear I will never leave my computer,lol. I have a grandaughter who is growing fast and loves art. I am slowly introducing her to PDN and this book will help me do that so much better,Thanks again,you just made my life easier.

P.S. I think you should be the "PDN Guru" of 2012!   :trophy:

• Upvote 1

Ego Eram Reputo    1,680

Glad you have found my book beneficial skullbonz :) It's especially nice to hear that people are enjoying it.

Your endorsement is all the reward I need!