Mastering Paint.NET - ebook

Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for taking the time to rate my book ftlog! I'm glad you like it.

love this ebook & my Amazon Kindle - here is how it goes in Australia.    the book is $9.95 [wonderful] - but with my a/c anything under a certain amount is charged foreign currency exchange fees - so ended up being $32.80.   i don't care.  If you ever feel like putting this into a real paper back book i can have on my knee or read outside under the blazing hot sun here - would you please contact me & i will sent you a cheque in US currency + postage.

this book would have saved me a whole lot of embarrassment if i had it in the 1st place & a lot of people who i am sure believed i came from another planet - to those folks i thank you.   gotta start at the bottom on things i have never even attempted before. <3 it

The price you paid seems too much IMHO. I'm in New Zealand and regularly buy Kindle books around the same price. The land on my Kindle for around $15NZ. Your bank is overcharging you.

Sorry but the book isn't going to be published as a hard copy.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it represents great value for money ;)

• Upvote 1

Well regardless  of the price (for me $10.00 US on Amazon, Kindle reader for PC, free ) the book is great. 

i was impressed with the authors ability to inform and explain the various components of PDN.   If truth be told, the author, Scott Stringer, is much more entertaining and informative than our own Ego Eram Reputo, but that's just my opinion (ever notice how some people just cant help themselves from livening on the edge of annihilation ?--sighanim_39.gifOh well)

Thanks Scott "where ever" you are.cheers_zps84ce3d07.gif

Edited by Scooter
  • Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

i was impressed with the authors ability to inform and explain the various components of PDN.

Thank you very much :)

... If truth be told, the author, Scott Stringer, is much more entertaining and informative than our own Ego Eram Reputo

:lol: This cracked me up! Ego Eram Reputo = Scott Stringer. You know that right?

Thanks Scott "where ever" you are.

Right now? Christchurch, New Zealand ;)  And you are very welcome Scooter!

Small price to pay for something that keeps giving and giving.  

Thank Welshy!  It's your proofreading wot dun it proud.

EER, I'm fairly certain Scooter was joking...I hope...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

To be fair there wasn't that much to do ;)

What people don't realise is that it's not all about money - it's about the learning and EER shelling out for 2 kindles shows what type of person he is

(boring or not :lol:)

I can only agree in the strongest terms, Welshy. Maybe coz we are ocean neighbours, but I think EER is entertaining, informative & incredibly patient & kind.

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Can you all see why I chose @welshblue and @barbieq25 as my proofreaders?   Despite what they allege, they both helped me immensely with the book.  Their depth of knowledge and artistic flair made them a great team to work with.  

Now they say nice things about me as well :mrgreen:

• Upvote 2

Always mate.  Is why I laffed at Scooter's joke - everybody sees it ;)

WHEEEW!a3de4dcb.gif good.   My joking statements were  understood. Thanks all.   

...."as long as they are laughing with you and not at you, you can accomplish much"  

Yeah, Steve I knew you were in Christchurch, which we have on our "bucket list" to come see.  Just need a lot more, $$$US  and we'll be good to go.3874e2c6.gif

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

It's nicely presented, but has significant bits missing IMHO. I.e. under the Distort menu they manage to omit descriptions of Crystalize, Tile Reflection and Twist - even though they are shown in the screenshot :/

(or am I just being catty?)

Nicely presented. Catty - well they did ask certain folk to proof read...omissions are always possible under those circumstances :P:D:evillaugh:  :cyborg:

Not sure how I feel about this with the authors being unknown to us or are they?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Wow, Rick.  You have arrived.  Not one but TWO books about your program...and an author fight about them.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

The pretender is only 136 pages. Mine is four times that length for around the same price.

If I was REALLY catty I'd buy a copy and write a terrible review :lol:

Meow-hissss-meow!

• Upvote 1

catlaughing.gif

• Upvote 1

Scooter

The price you paid seems too much IMHO. I'm in New Zealand and regularly buy Kindle books around the same price. The land on my Kindle for around $15NZ. Your bank is overcharging you.

Sorry but the book isn't going to be published as a hard copy.

love it anyway.     shame some folks only see what they want to see i was not complaining about the money!!!!! geeez  kitty kitty

I can only agree in the strongest terms, Welshy. Maybe coz we are ocean neighbours, but I think EER is entertaining, informative & incredibly patient & kind.

@BBQ - you forgot to say incredibly handsome too :lol: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Haven't the heart to tell them I stole my author photo from some guy on LinkedIn :lol:

I'm joking of course. Pixey & barbieq25 - you've made my day! Thank you.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I have the Kindle book on my Wish List at Amazon being a Kindle fan.

Downloaded Paint Net v.4 Beta today.

Already played around enough to know I like it. 

I've deleted Gimp as its menu is too small to read on my Surface Pro 2 (convert from using Mac since early 1990s) but Paint Net's menu is very readable and I love the layout.

Will there be an update to the book for version 4?

Secondly, am I correct in thinking that the present book will work just as well with version 4 as it does now with the present one?

Thanks.

There will be some minor UI changes in the program when v4 comes out, and some features in the program that aren't discussed in the book, but the bulk of the book will be at least usable until he updates it.