pyrochild

Grid Warp

57 posts in this topic

You are absolutely correct @Red - it's in the Pack on the first page :D .

Crash Description

Grid Warp crashes if you open it for the first time with PDN and right-click before ever clicking a control point. Crashed reliably about 11 times in a row when repeatedly tested, until I left-clicked and moved a control point, after which it never crashed (even after restarting paint.net). Might be a rare bug. Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Paint.NET version 4.0.12. Grid Warp version 4.0.5.

Exception Details

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: source.Size=6,8, newSize=16,16, but the new size must be smaller
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra..ctor(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra.cs:line 283
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 150

More Details

After the plugin stopped crashing, it didn't respond to changing the background color for the editing area of the canvas (but responded to changing the background color of the outer area). That's interesting, too.

Edited by AnthonyScoffler

I can't repro this. Is that the full exception? Is there a log? Is it crashing Paint.NET or just the plugin?

On 12/15/2016 at 9:57 PM, pyrochild said:

I can't repro this. Is that the full exception? Is there a log? Is it crashing Paint.NET or just the plugin?

Sorry that I didn't include the full log there. It crashed Paint.net with an unhandled OutOfRange exception for something in a MouseDown event handler. It was when right-clicking, so maybe it's related to the number of items in the context menu. I'll post a log if I can get it to crash again.

Is there any way to make it so when you move the grid wrap it isn't curvy, but rather a straight line from one point to the other? Something like a trapezoid, Or like when you use perspective on an image. I've been looking everywhere for a plugin that can do that and I can't find it, and perspective doesn't work nearly as well.

I can't see the purpose of having a grid distortion consisting of a bunch of different perspective transformations. What would it be used to do?

On 3/8/2017 at 11:38 AM, Darkdrixer said:

Is there any way to make it so when you move the grid wrap it isn't curvy, but rather a straight line from one point to the other? Something like a trapezoid, Or like when you use perspective on an image. I've been looking everywhere for a plugin that can do that and I can't find it, and perspective doesn't work nearly as well.

added enhancement request

https://github.com/bsneeze/pdn-gridwarp/issues/4