How to Install Plugins ×

Grid Warp

pyrochild

• 3 weeks later...

1st sorry for my bad English

This plug-in is very usefull, but I encounter some problem using it (Paint.net 3.5.10 and Win XP, italian version with SP3).

Sometimes the "deformation" doesn't happen on the image after i click on OK button. After some try it seem that this behavior occurs when i change the number of row&coloumn with the number selector in the "Grid size" menu.

If i change the number with the 2 "grid" button the plugin works, if i change the number/s and then use the zoom it work, if a write a new number and then make the wrap (deselecting the number in menu) it works. But if i change one or both numbers and then make the deformation, they remain selected (see the attached jpg), and when i press OK the wrap disapear (as if I had changed the grid density resetting it) and the deformation doesn't occour.

It's a bug or I'm do something wrong?

thanks in advance for yours replies

post-93201-0-20211000-1352440577_thumb.j

• 8 months later...

Yes, I know this problem too. Sometimes (mostly) the deformation doesn't work immediately, but immediatly I found the solution.

What helps: Open the effekt-menu once more and "repeat grid-warp" - that makes the work becomes "reality".

Edited by DerAlexander

I try, but it doesn't work.

I create 2 video to show the behavior, in the 1st I use the drop down menu with the numbers, after the deformation the number value remain highlighted and Grid Warp doesn't work (both the 1st time and the effect repeat time), in the 2nd video i use the more/less density grid button and it works. If you see the 1st video in slow motion, when i press "Ok", the deformation grid seems to reset itself before closing the Grid Warp windows.

1.wmv

2.wmv

Edited by yoggysot

OK I see what's happening. I'll look into a fix when I have some time.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 5 months later...

This looks great and the answer to my problem. But, I have been trying to use Grid Warp and have not yet figured out how to save the image once I have modified it. It is probably very simple, but can anyone help me? 

Click on the "ok" button at the bottom.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I tried that, but where does it save it and under what name. Sorry if I am being really thick, but this is not intuitive.

What I have done so far is to load an image, click on effects then on advanced then on scriptlab and it brings up the scriptlab menu.

I have then clicked on GridWarp which brings up the grid and enables me to move things around (very effectively).

I click on OK and something appears to happen but I just can't find where the revised image is saved.

When I try and repeat the exercise I am also offered the opportunity to 'repeat ScriptLab' but if I click on that, the line across the bottom of the screen moves, but nothing else happens - what is supposed to happen?

What exactly is 'MyScript'. Again, I apologise for asking these questions, but I really don't understand how this works. Are there any help files and any instructions?

It really does meet my need if only I can work out how to make it work!

Correct.  Scriptlab is only used to chain effects together.  You're running Grid Warp on it's own, so as Welshy said, there is no need to run it through Scriptlab.

Don't worry about downloading or installing Grid Warp.  The fact that you can find it with Scriptlab means it's already correctly installed.

When you apply the Grid Warp effect to the canvas (via the Effects > Tools menu) the changes GridWarp makes are rendered to the canvas when you click OK on the plugin dialog.

...scriptlab...

Found your problem! That explains why it's not intuitive too...

In addition to what the others have said, ScriptLab only works with plugins you can press ctrl+f to repeat. That means no grid warp, smudge, or random effect.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...

I try, but it doesn't work.

I create 2 video to show the behavior, in the 1st I use the drop down menu with the numbers, after the deformation the number value remain highlighted and Grid Warp doesn't work (both the 1st time and the effect repeat time), in the 2nd video i use the more/less density grid button and it works. If you see the 1st video in slow motion, when i press "Ok", the deformation grid seems to reset itself before closing the Grid Warp windows.

Fixed.

Also fixed a crash that occurs when using Repeat Grid Warp on a larger image.

Also added tooltip info for Grid Warp in PdN4

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 year later...

Run it on a layer with something in it and it will show up in the preview window.

How do you load an image as a background to guide you?  Seems to be only colours and clipboard on the popup menu.

Copy the image you want to use as the background, start Grid Warp, then use the clipboard option to set the background

xZYt6wl.png

• 10 months later...

Update:

- Fixed color window showing alpha = 0 when a color is opaque black

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry - but a member has reported trouble finding the .dll for Gridwarp on GitHub.  I've just looked and can't see it either.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...

Crash Description

Grid Warp crashes if you open it for the first time with PDN and right-click before ever clicking a control point. Crashed reliably about 11 times in a row when repeatedly tested, until I left-clicked and moved a control point, after which it never crashed (even after restarting paint.net). Might be a rare bug. Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Paint.NET version 4.0.12. Grid Warp version 4.0.5.

Exception Details

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: source.Size=6,8, newSize=16,16, but the new size must be smaller
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra..ctor(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\ResizeSuperSamplingRendererBgra.cs:line 283
   at PaintDotNet.Rendering.RendererBgraExtensions.ResizeSuperSampling(IRenderer`1 source, Int32 newWidth, Int32 newHeight) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Rendering\RendererBgraExtensions.cs:line 150

More Details

After the plugin stopped crashing, it didn't respond to changing the background color for the editing area of the canvas (but responded to changing the background color of the outer area). That's interesting, too.

Edited by AnthonyScoffler

I can't repro this. Is that the full exception? Is there a log? Is it crashing Paint.NET or just the plugin?

xZYt6wl.png