Deleting Custom Brushes

happierhannah

Hi, I've been trying to delete some of my custom brushes because I really don't care for them that much, but I haven't been able to figure out how :/

It seems that to get rid of them, you would go to that same folder where you put them initially and delete the ones that you don't want.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18959-how-to-use-custombrushesmini-v19/

"What do I do next?

Open up Paint.NET. This should create a folder in My Documents\Paint.NET User Files called "Custom Brushes". This is where your custom brushes files will be stored."

It seems that to get rid of them, you would go to that same folder where you put them initially and delete the ones that you don't want. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/18959-how-to-use-custombrushesmini-v19/ "What do I do next? Open up Paint.NET. This should create a folder in My Documents\Paint.NET User Files called "Custom Brushes". This is where your custom brushes files will be stored."

The thing is, I did delete the .png's from the effect folder, but I installed them in Paint.NET to use them before, so I'm thinking there must be some way to uninstall them??? Thanks, btw

I quoted where the brushes are installed to. Go to that folder to delete the brushes themselves. The brushes aren't in the effects folder.

My Documents\Paint.NET\User Files\Custom Brushes

Edited by jim100361

Ahhhhh I feel like such a noob :P haven't felt this way in a while. So, I actually don't have a folder entitled User Files - I checked, thoroughly. I'm thinking perhaps I just ought to remove the custom brushes mini plugin from the paint.net and I'll get rid of all my custom brushes that way? i don't want to cause the program to lock up :P

05cddde0.png

The picture above is from Windows7, this shows where you should find the folder where the custom brushes are at.

EDIT: You commented that they're all in Black and White? Aren't you changing colors from the color wheel to paint in something other than the default colors?

Edited by jim100361

05cddde0.png The picture above is from Windows7, this shows where you should find the folder where the custom brushes are at. EDIT: You commented that they're all in Black and White? Aren't you changing colors from the color wheel to paint in something other than the default colors?

Thankyou!! I have the power now ;)

The picture above is from Windows7, this shows where you should find the folder where the custom brushes are at. EDIT: You commented that they're all in Black and White? Aren't you changing colors from the color wheel to paint in something other than the default colors?

Oh and btw,I didn't want them solid colored, if you find your own images in full color (for instance a rose) remove the background and save as a png you get FULL COLOR multi-colored custom brushes :D

Edited by happierhannah

You're welcome. Did you delete them, or are you using the colorwheel?

With the color wheel you only get one color, when you find your own images to use and delete the background, save them as .png and add them to custom brushes you get FULL COLOUR multi-coloured custom brushes ;)

With the color wheel you only get one color...

I don't understand this. You should be able to click on an area of the colorwheel to change the black to some other color and you should then be able to paint w/the custom brushes in that color.

But, I'm only guessing at this point, I haven't had a need/desire yet to use custom brushes.

I don't understand this.

He wasn't asking a question, so you don't have to ;)

EDIT: or maybe I'm super confused too...

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I'm trying to understand the statement and/or the process he/she described. Unless you can explain to me how this works. I did state I haven't had the need/desire yet to use custom brushes. But, that doesn't mean in the future that wouldn't change. But, if custom brushes don't work like a normal brush, then maybe I won't attempt it.

I like winking ;)

And I'm sorry I didn't clarify, I meant you only get one colour at a time, i.e. you get a red rose, but you can't choose to make the stem green, or you get a green vine, but you can't add shades of yellow, unless you do it manually afterwards.

I'm sorry, I think I'm still lost. If I was painting with a standard brush, this would essentially be the steps:

1.) Select the color red and paint the rose petals

2.) Change the color on the color wheel to green and paint the stem

3.) Change the color on the color wheel to yellow to paint a bee

This process doesn't work for custom brushes?

I'm sorry, I think I'm still lost. If I was painting with a standard brush, this would essentially be the steps: 1.) Select the color red and paint the rose petals 2.) Change the color on the color wheel to green and paint the stem 3.) Change the color on the color wheel to yellow to paint a bee This process doesn't work for custom brushes?

lol that would work, I guess I just want it as a stamping tool sort of, to stamp lots of fully coloured objects in a row, yep sounds about right.

Edited by happierhannah

Oh...in that case, just select the image to be used as a stamp, copy (ctrl+c), and paste to new layer (ctrl+shift+v) as many times as necessary. Be sure to merge layers down if you have a large image and your computer doesn't have much memory.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Oh and btw,I didn't want them solid colored, if you find your own images in full color (for instance a rose) remove the background and save as a png you get FULL COLOR multi-colored custom brushes :D

I understand this process. Once the custom brushes app opens up and you select your brush, you have the option to use either Mask or Colour. Colour mode gives you the actual object you used as a custom brush, Mask mode lets you choose the colour, but you loose the detail in your brush (if thats what you want to do)

See the screenshot below, I'm sure this is what you mean. :)

example-1.jpg

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

I understand this process. Once the custom brushes app opens up and you select your brush, you have the option to use either Mask or Colour. Colour mode gives you the actual object you used as a custom brush, Mask mode lets you choose the colour, but you loose the detail in your brush (if thats what you want to do)

See the screenshot below, I'm sure this is what you mean.

Edited by nitenurse79, Today, 04:32 AM.

Yes, exactly. If I wanted Unrecognizable splotches I could use the regular paint brush.

how do I reply on this forum?? I find it super confusing but PLEASE have pity on me. I'm gonna be 85 yrs. old in 3 months and here I am struggling to learn Paint.net! And boy do I need help!

To start with I have Win 7 and under documents there is NO Paint.NET User Files. I've searched and searched. But I do have Paint.net installed even though I enter it through the icon on my desktop. It shows in my install/uninstall program.

Will--can--someone please guide me through getting the user files under my documents. Then I can really drive you crazy as I struggle--and it is a struggle--to learn not on how to but how to speak the jargon!

My thanks.

Renee

05cddde0.png

The picture above is from Windows7, this shows where you should find the folder where the custom brushes are at.

EDIT: You commented that they're all in Black and White? Aren't you changing colors from the color wheel to paint in something other than the default colors?

Edited by renee27

If there isn't a folder, then you haven't used paint.net in a way that requires one. Paint.net will automatically create the folder when it has something to put in it.

If you really need it, though, just create a new folder and name it EXACTLY "Paint.NET User Files" (without the quotes of course)

It would depend on what plug-ins you have installed renee, if you only have the program as it comes from the download page, you won't yet have a user files folder. I found that once I had installed the blend mode plus plug-in curves+ the smudge plug-in and many more (I don't remember what I installed first to be honest) I then had the folder that you are seeking :) Look at the plug-in index here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/ and search the above bold plug-ins, this may get you on the right track ;)

Happy soon to be 85 years old by the way :D

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thanks to you both, pdnnoob and nitenurse--now nn, you, it sounds like I could use! And thanks for the early birthday wishes. I'll make it. Had to overcome a lot worse than whatever the next three months can possibly bring. :)

I'll start downloading plug-ins--next question being how do I install them??

I'm serious. I tried with a set of brushes and my computer wouldn't open the file. Apparently I don't have the right program loaded.

Renee

To use custom brushes you would need the plug-in here - http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=14845 As for installing plug-ins heres some links for you http://forums.getpai...hooting-thread/ also look here too http://boltbait.com/...lingEffects.asp I hope this of help to you. Kudos for reaching a grand age and still being active. Many people younger than your good self complain for no reason, yet you are still going strong ;)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png