Swedish Localization

Terpie

Hi,

Here you may download the Swedish localization of Paint.NET. The current version of the localization is rev 37, and is compatible with Paint.NET 4.0. The localization comes with an self-extracting installer. Please make sure you have Paint.NET installed before the localization is installed - otherwise you will only get an error message.

» Download the localization here!
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 required (as for Paint.NET though)

Please report everything you can find that doesn't seem to make any sense...

---------- In Swedish -------------

Hej!

Här kan du ladda ner en svensk översättning av Paint.NET. Observera att du måste ha senaste versionen av Paint.NET installerad innan du installerar översättningen - annars kommer du bara att få ett felmeddelande.

» Ladda ner översättningen här!
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 krävs

Hittat några felaktigheter? Rapportera dem här i tråden så fixar jag dem.

Edited by Terpie

Hi Terpie

I don't have a suggestion for Transfer map at the moment, but I can help look in to it and suggestions for the layer blending modes. What I can tell you is that dithering is called gitter in swedish. And I don't have any complaints about the translations of the levels dialog, or anything else for that matter.

Thanks again! I've now updated the translation with your suggestions. However I changed your first suggestion a bit to "Färgbelysning", but please comment that, if you don't think it's a proper translation.

The links are still the same as in my first post.

• 3 weeks later...

Täcka över sounds like the Normal Layer Setting..

Really, omg, jag tar det på svenska..

Jo, det låter som om Det ena lagret hel kommer att äcka över det andra..

It sounds like the first layer would completely cover the second..

Id say that Överlagring would suit better..

Thanks for your post, Yzmo! I have taken your suggestion into consideration, but my conclusion was that your translation of Overlay is not entirely proper. Motivation: "lagring" is not, in this context, a form of "lager", rather "lagra", which gives it a different meaning (may sound like it refers to the way the layer is stored in the file).

However I agree with you that "Täcka över" may not be an ideal translation, but due to the lack of suitable Swedish equivalences, I don't have a better translation for the moment.

Feel free to comment my opinion.

The point is that u.. another thing i cant say in english xD

Grejen är att du lägger över färgerna och annat.... så nja..

Well.. maybe "Lägg Över" would be better...

When it comes to these things:

MeasurementUnit.Inch.Ratio=bildp./tum

MeasurementUnit.Centimeter.Ratio=bildp./cm

I personally like "pixlar/tum", "pixlar/cm" more. It's a fairly common word in Swedish by now, and doesn't need any ugly shortenings. :) I wouldn't complain if "bildpunkt/er" was replaced elsewhere with "pixel/pixlar" too for consistency. Maybe "bildpunkter" is preferred by others though, just my opinion. :)

---

As for "overlay", it's often called "överlägg" in Swedish. E.g. "video overlay" => "videoöverlägg". So "lägga över" sounds OK to me as it at least ties into that word.

---

Some words didn't feel 100% right in Swedish to me:

HatchStyle.LargeConfetti=Konfetti stort

If keeping it like that and not reversing it to "Stort konfetti", perhaps add a comma for "Konfetti, stort" vs "Konfetti, litet". Also,

LevelsEffectConfigDialog.InputHistogramGroupBox.Text=Histogram original

"Originalhistogram" sounds like better Swedish to me?

---

ResamplingAlgorithm.SuperSampling=Super Sampling

ResizeDialog.AsteriskTextLabel.SuperSampling=* Super Sampling kommer att användas

Couldn't this be "Supersampling" at least? (sampling is an actual Swedish word, as well as "super", so the whole word would actually be pronounced like Swedish) I don't like separated words in Swedish. :) Speaking of which, this one sounded a bit odd to me:

LevelsEffectConfigDialog.SwatchOutLow.ToolTipText=Svart punkt resultat (dubbelklicka för att välja)

"Svart punkt resultat"? For an unintroduced user, it may sound a lot like just "Black dot result". I lack the context to give a suggestion for this one though, just thought it sounded a bit strange.

---

MotionBlurEffect.Name=Fartränder

MotionBlurEffectConfigDialog.Text=Fartränder

These effects are usually called "Rörelseoskärpa" in Swedish.

---

OK, some of these are opinions so take them with a grain of salt if you don't like them at all. ;) I haven't checked through the entire file yet, or tested this thoroughly "live" in Paint.NET.

Hi Jugalator,

I appreciate your effort to proofread the translation. Then over to your suggestions:

I personally like "pixlar/tum", "pixlar/cm" more. It's a fairly common word in Swedish by now, and doesn't need any ugly shortenings. :) I wouldn't complain if "bildpunkt/er" was replaced elsewhere with "pixel/pixlar" too for consistency. Maybe "bildpunkter" is preferred by others though, just my opinion. :)

I have replaced the "bildp." abbreviations with "px" in this case, but I will probably keep "bildpunkter" as translation of "pixels" as unit, for the reason that "bildpunkter" sounds more Swedish in my ears. Both are accepted terms by Swedish Computing Terminology Group.

As for "overlay", it's often called "överlägg" in Swedish. E.g. "video overlay" => "videoöverlägg". So "lägga över" sounds OK to me as it at least ties into that word.

"Lägga över" is now replaced with "Överlägg".

HatchStyle.LargeConfetti=Konfetti stort

If keeping it like that and not reversing it to "Stort konfetti", perhaps add a comma for "Konfetti, stort" vs "Konfetti, litet".

The reason to why I chose to translate it in this way, was simply that I wanted that all styles of the same pattern should come next to each other in the list of pattern (they are ordered alphabetical). That will not be changed, but I have added a comma for all the pattern with multiple sizes.

LevelsEffectConfigDialog.InputHistogramGroupBox.Text=Histogram original

"Originalhistogram" sounds like better Swedish to me?

To me too. Fixed

Couldn't this be "Supersampling" at least? (sampling is an actual Swedish word, as well as "super", so the whole word would actually be pronounced like Swedish) I don't like separated words in Swedish. :)

Neither do I. Corrected in new revision

"Svart punkt resultat"? For an unintroduced user, it may sound a lot like just "Black dot result". I lack the context to give a suggestion for this one though, just thought it sounded a bit strange.

Well, the word "resultat" may not be essential at all, since they are located in the form the way that the user knows which one that belongs to input and output histogram. The translations are now simply "Svart punkt" and "White punkt". Comment it if you don't like it!

MotionBlurEffect.Name=Fartränder

MotionBlurEffectConfigDialog.Text=Fartränder

These effects are usually called "Rörelseoskärpa" in Swedish.

I have replaced it to your suggestion with some doubt. The word "Fartränder" gives me a better clue of what the effect actually does, than "Rörelseoskärpa", but if that is the common translation, it will be used here as well.

And once again: thanks for your help! The new revision of the translation may be downloaded in the first post in this thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay :D . Version 3.08 of Paint.NET only contains a number of bug fixes since version 3.07, and I doubt there are any new strings to translate. The current version of the localization works fine in 3.08 too. Just download the installer, run it and then you hopefully should be able use Paint.NET in Swedish :wink:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A word from the translator:

Some help would be appreciated: There is support for a new file format in Paint.NET, namely DirectDraw Surface. Unfortunately I have barely no knowledge of DirectDraw stuff, and thus I have difficulties to find propriate translations for strings regarding this. All these strings are located in the dialogue, showed if you choose to save an image as DDS. If you have some ideas how things should be translated, please report in this thread. If you think some strings are correctly translated, please report it anyway ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...