#2 Realisitic Art: vehicles

Aislin

Hi everyone,

I would like to try an other realistic art competition, if there are enough participants.

For this one I thought about painting vehicles, since there are more guys here and it is more populair than portraits. The rules are very easy, you can use the following effects/tools:

All of the blurs

selection tools

erase tools

line tools

gradient tool

custom mini brushes

smudge

all of the colors

2 other effects of your choice ( you will have to tell which ones been used and how)

You may use a reference photo, just add it here together with your finished picture.

It doesn't matter what vehicle, a train, airplane, bike, car... or maybe a new invented vehicle? Use your imagination, but remember, it must be a realistic digital painting and not a photo editing!

Some useable links:

http://forums.getpai...ainting-a-hand/ Painting tut

http://forums.getpai...gital-painting/ Painting tut

http://forums.getpai...toshop-brushes/ Adding photoshop brushes

http://forums.getpai...rushesmini-v19/ how to use custom brushes

EDIT: Date is set to 1 Sept 2012

EDIT: example (made in 6 hours, really not my best, the extra effect that I used was of course the stars) The reference Photo: Mercury-High-Speed-Train-3.jpg

7837987810_b604529f89_b.jpg

Edited by Aislin

I will be participating!

Oh my, that is an impressiveeeee piece of art there. 0.0

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I'd like to give it a try.

I tried to paint Daniel Craig (007) for your portrait competition, but it was horrible so I didn't enter it.

Something like this might be more forgiving.

SloppySig.png

Aislin, do we need to have the entire vehicle or just a part of it - say the front or back, or just a tail-light or instrument panel? I'm thinking you meant it to be the whole thing.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Took a while. Here it is. Extra effects are Outline Object and AA's Assistant. No reference used.

Jet.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

This is my first picture done in that style, so I don't expect to win, but it was fun making it!

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Aislin, it means that they think that AA's Assistant and Old Feather should be part of the list of tools you made.

Yellowman... I have no chance. :P Nice entry.

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I am trying my best to enter this comp but I feel I won't make it by the deadline, surely 2 weeks would be better.

Yellowman, I doubt yours would be disqualified, and, although mine may be nice, I would be lying if I said your entry is not one of the best works of digital art I have ever seen.

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I'm hoping to have my entry ready by the deadline but have to limit my art time to when I am at work ;) my home PC is slowly dying :(

I would say I'm 70% finished but have 2 days off so time is at a premium so I'd better stop this and get creating :)

Minners, I really hope you can manage some way to get a new machine! I feel real bad for you.

I could always give you my bank account number if you feel that bad ;)

Nah it's all good I have a few things to sort out financially then that will be my next purchase hopefully in the new year.

Back to this comp, I feel that I have benefited from only working on it at work as normally I rush things. Went in last night and without being bigheaded I am really impressed with what I have done so far and feel that it is my best piece of art by far :) and for anyone trying out for this comp stick with it, at first mine looked like garbage but slowly hour by hour it turned into something amazing ( for me ) and I am so glad that Aislin came up with this idea :)

• Upvote 1

here is mine (quick made)

[Original Image]

Kia_Soul_angle_1.jpg

[Clone]

car-1.png

[Motion Effect] (Put this as final image, please)

car_motion.png

Ahmed.

OK Chaps - here's my entry! Additional plug-in used was Noise .... to add here and there after I was finished.

Original photo:

am-bond01t.jpg

And my finished effort :D

2ndfinal25.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Not too sure if I understood the brief correctly.

I gave myself a 5 hour limit and this is what I achieved in that time.

Before:

chevy_camaro_01.jpg

After:

chevycamaro01changed.png

naturesig.png