SOTW #62 - Topic "Animation" Winners Announced

nitenurse79

Vote for your favorites  

21 members have voted

1. 1. You may vote for three sigs

• [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/signature.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/pedulum.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/gaudyorb.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/grafyx-animated-sig.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/Finalat251frameeachgif.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/rainraindone.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s389/Leanne792/sotw62.gif[/IMG]

sotw.jpg

The theme is: Animation

Picked by: Yellowman

This Weeks Theme Is - "Animation ", animated sig, it could be your username or any image or effect, be creative here and let's see some great works. :)

You may need UnFREEz application or any other GIF animator,

Check this topic for more help

The deadline for this competition is 9:45pm (GMT) on Sunday 19th August

To see the current time in GMT (my time), click here (WorldTimeServer.com).

Please take a moment to read the rules below. If your entry breaks any of them, it will be disqualified.

The Rules:

1.Max sig dimensions 500x200. NOTE: The forum limits signatures to 500x150, so if it's too large don't try to use it as your sig.

2.No crude / offensive language, pics, etcetera.

3. Sig must follow the set theme.

4. Only one entry per person*, modifications to your image are allowed* after submitting your entry (*See Amended Rule below)

5.You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in your sig.

6.Your post should include your sig and links to your source images.

Placeholders (empty-posting now, editing in a link to your sig later) are not permitted, and will be disqualified.

7. Use new, fresh sigs. The idea is to get you to create new things, and if you are just pulling out an old one, you are not doing that. ;)

8. The winner of the current SOTW gets to choose the subject for the next competition! :)

Amended Rule:

To explain rule #4 in more detail:

If there are not enough entries three days before the deadline you may enter more than one sig (please note, this is only if there is less than six entries)

Any amendment to your entry has to be cosmetic only. (Background colour change, resize etc) Please state the reason for your edit.

Important

No uploading a place holding sig and then adding a new one later in the week

(I do save entries to my HD and I keep my eyes peeled) :D

this thread is for posting your entries only!

If you want to talk about one of the entries, you can do so at the discussion thread here..

Good luck to all participants, thanks in advance for entering. :)

special thanks to Sozo (since I stole most of his template) Sozo, chrisco97 and TheHowler for keeping this comp going in the past. ;)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

Here is mine - 100% PDN

Finalat251frameeachgif.gif

Edit: changed speed as it was jerky.

Edited by nanettealsop

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Have got 5 great entries so far, there is just 12 hours to go before the deadline, would like one or two more, if anyone who has entered wants to add a second sig, feel free :)

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

The deadline has now arrived. Any entry below this post will not be included. The poll will be up on Monday 20th August. Thank you for some great entries here, a bit more of a tough challenge this time, but at least some members came through in the end :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

:/ Something is going on here, the last time I checked 8 members had voted and the scores looked different (I do make notepads as I go along) Please, when you have voted don't keep changing your minds, or deleting your votes, I like to think trust is valued on here. Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

How come Welshy's sig is not animating on the vote thing but does in the post?

Totally agree with the voting - cast your vote & leave it at that. The best entry - that is the ONLY criteria you should be voting on.

The Comp host could choose to make a special mention of newcomers who have tried very hard. They deserve to have their efforts recognised even if it is not the best entry - it may be their personal best. :) Just my 2 cents worth...um...5 cents then since 2c have been decommissioned ;)

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

When the board was busier, that may have been a good rule.

I think your entry should be included & it has been that way for a while now as far as I am aware.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I think once you have voted, there should be someway the board won't permit you to delete it or change it. In a democratic world the only people allowed to change votes is the government :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with the winner entering again, it's not in the rules stating otherwise, the more the merrier :)

@barbieq25 - I do give special mention and thanks to newcomers ;) AmadeusX entered a previous SOTW and scored 4 points, but being a joint second place there was no real third place

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

I agree with @BBQ that Yellowman should stay in the game :smile:

Yes @NiteNurse - usually the software used for voting should be set that way so that mistakes, or not, can't be made :unimpressed:

Yes, @WB's entry is acting oddly. It animates 'once' when I log on to the main voting page, then it stops. But it then plays just fine after I go into the main editor to reply :/

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I agree with @BBQ that Yellowman should stay in the game :smile:

Yes @NiteNurse - usually the software used for voting should be set that way so that mistakes, or not, can't be made :unimpressed:

Yes, @WB's entry is acting oddly. It animates 'once' when I log on to the main voting page, then it stops. But it then plays just fine after I go into the main editor to reply :/

Indeed, yellowman and any other winner has the right to enter the next comp, anyone can enter :)

True about the software too, it should just say "you have voted" and that's all ;)

Welshblue sig looks Ok to me and it is animating alright on both parts of the forum and also on my pb acount, not sure why some people are having difficulty seeing it :/

ZXCBOoZ.png

That's a very good point BarbieQ' made about treating the newcomers fairly ... art over personality contest

So far as host of SOTW. I have treated everyone fairly, I do so in the general forums too, infact anywhere on here :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

So here we are at the voting deadline. I have counted them up, really happy that 21 members voted here (the most since I have hosted so far) :) big thanks to you all.

The winner with 16 Votes is yellowman

In Second place is Rafroller with 8 Votes

Third place goes to Doughty's second entry with 7 Votes.

Well done to you all, a tough comp this time with some very creative entries :) Well done especially to Rafroller with his first ever animated sig getting second place, always good to see some new faces entering the comps :)

As ever I will PM the winner and announce SOTW#63 as soon as I get a reply.

ZXCBOoZ.png

Congratulations Yellowman! Awesome work!

Well done to Rafroller & Doughty too.

A great effort from everyone who created an image & good to see so many folk voting too. Just because you didn't enter doesn't mean you cannot vote.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Congrats Yellowman and Rafroffer, we need tutorials from the both of you.

Everyone did a great job, hooray for your efforts.

SloppySig.png