macros and/or scripting ?

avim1968

HI

Since I work with many pictures , i have many settings or default program & plugins settings / effects / commands / layer setup etc..

to setup after i load the picture and before i start working on a picture or the design.

and i have to do this manually each time for every picture.

I'm also working on a sound and video applications and they have MACROS or SCRIPTING (or both) that help me

with one or two clicks setup all the needed setting before i start.

Can something like this be implemented into paint.net ?

for example .

I'm working on a project with a sea side settings for the pictures.

so i need to setup the software/plugins to reflect that scene.

when i want to change to a new scene and new picture

I must setup all from scratch.

can the option to record a macro/mouse movement or write a script or xml

be added to Paint.NET?

thank you

Avi

p.s.

the program already collects and shows all the history to use with undo, ,

p.s.2

last i saw the word macro in the forum was 2006.

p.s.3

i have few work rounds like changing the picture on an already setup picture and save as new picture

thus saving most of the setup again.

but it does not work if i need to work on a different scene :-)

Edited by avim1968

"DDAP=Don't Drink And Post!" :-)

OK

I found a plugin that does all the plugins effects I need in one script

under pyrochild scriptlab that i can load and save :-)

I still need a way to setup the settings of paint.net ie.

maybe an option to save all "current" settings to a file

and then just upload it when needed. ??

Avi

p.s.

maybe a macro for some few menu selects and mouse moves.

Edited by avim1968

...last i saw the word macro in the forum was 2006.

That must've been a web search and not using the search function here in the forums as doing so provides these (and more) simply using the keyword "macro":

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/CantaLibra/macrosearch.png

At any rate, Rick has indicated that it doesn't have macros (in the thread "Automating Paint.net?"), and as far as I am aware he doesn't plan on providing it. That having been said, there are various (freeware) macro recorders out there for use in Windows, though I've personally have not used them, so I cannot recommend anything specifically (though Freelabs Macro Recorder seems to stand out using Bing search for "Freeware Windows Macro Recorder").

That must've been a web search and not using the search function here in the forums as doing so provides these (and more) simply using the keyword "macro":

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n264/CantaLibra/macrosearch.png

At any rate, Rick has indicated that it doesn't have macros (in the thread "Automating Paint.net?"), and as far as I am aware he doesn't plan on providing it. That having been said, there are various (freeware) macro recorders out there for use in Windows, though I've personally have not used them, so I cannot recommend anything specifically (though Freelabs Macro Recorder seems to stand out using Bing search for "Freeware Windows Macro Recorder").

Hi

i searched in the forum and did see

Automating Paint.NET?

in Paint.NET Discussion & Questions

it was the place i saw the word macro in a related issue

but i didn't see that the question/content were like mine. and there was no last answer to it.

anyway i found " pyrochild scriptlab" plugin and it works well for what i wanted.

about the free macros for windows, i use then too , but they are not that good since most of them need you to have the window in the same place all the time and use the short cuts keys which are not for everything.but as we say

a work around is a work around that goes around.

so having paint.net do the macros you are not a subject to 3rd party workarounds.

also macros are used in 90% of the software we have today, so its not a wild out request ;-)

but I can only ask for it :-)

and consider the great work Rick is doing i guess his priorities are other then mine ;-)

maybe in 4.5 ...

Edited by avim1968