How to Install Plugins ×

Gradients galore! Another update 22/4/2016

Red ochre

This looks like multicolored fun!

As usual, another well developed plugin. Thanks Red Ochre :star:

Sorry, but I can't approve of this plugin as long as my name is misspelled. :P

Sorry BoltBait - I didn't realise you where so case-sensitive - and who is Miss Pelled anyway? ;)

Thanks barbieq25, silvercaper and EER

All the best Red', Red Ocher, Red ochre, Red Ogre !

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

All the best Red', Red Ocher, Red ochre, Red Ogre !

Trolling now, huh, ogre? :P

Nice plugin! Dithered gradients = good!

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 5 weeks later...

I think this is the best Gradient plugin currently available. Anyone who uses gradients needs this... The dithering is a time saving feature.

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

I think this is the best Gradient plugin currently available. Anyone who uses gradients needs this... The dithering is a time saving feature.

I agree, a great plugin to have, well done Red ochre :star: :star: :star: :star:

ZXCBOoZ.png

Many thanks Kirby145 and nitenurse79 - glad you're finding it useful :D, and really good to get positive feedback.

(by the way, I have'nt added it to the plugin pack yet as I may [or may not] add some more gradients [if I can work out the maths!]).

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 months later...

'fainter' P.M'ed me a while back asking for a moveable version of this plugin. I have posted another '.dll' in the first post. I also have some other plans for this so won't be adding it to the pack just yet. Let me know how you get on with this version - it does have a huge U.I - but it fits on my monitor ok!

If you prefer the moveable version you will have to manually delete the fixed version's .dll from the effects folder.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

The moveable version is even better Red ochre. I love the ability to define where the gradient will begin. Well done and thanks for creating a top notch plug in :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Hi Nitenurse' & Barbieq',

Thanks for saying thanks - you both deserve awards for good manners! :trophy: :trophy:

(me - I'm never sure what counts as a reply and what counts as bumping my own threads - so if I over-look any-ones comments, I apologise in advance.)

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Red Ochre, I always liked the way you put your name up there on the plugin. I'd like to see all plugin writers do this so that we can give credit where it is due. I know some others do too, like pyro.

If I stop yapping or typing at least, I can get some more paint time in :)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

...I'm never sure what counts as a reply and what counts as bumping my own threads..

A reply makes a contribution to the discussion. Like an update, clarification, new information, etc...,

A bump is petulant cry for recognition.

Hello Red Ochre,

Love this plugin. :)

Was playing with the movable version and found a bug.

I typed in my name, used Object Align then GG(Movable) with 'use source instead of primary color' clicked and got an after effect shown in posted image.

I was able to recreate several times. :sad:

th_bug.png

Edited by doughty

SloppySig.png

Hi Doughty,

Thanks for reporting that. I've had a quick try to reproduce that and can't? - but I don't have align object installed.

A few questions that may give me a clue where to start....

Does it happen if you run it at those settings directly on a text layer?

Were you viewing the image full-size (100%) or fit to window, and what was the canvas size?

Did the 'artifact' show up when the effect was rendered - after you'd click the 'ok' button?

Do you get the same thing happening with the other shapes; ellipse, rounded restangle etc.?

Does anyone else get the same problem?

This is what I get at the settings you have shown:

http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l621/Red_ochre/GGbugreprono.png

PdnForumSig2.jpg

That's it. You need Object Align to recreate my problem.

I can type or scribble something off center then use Object Align to center to the middle of the canvas.

I then bring up Gradients Galore (Movable), click the check box 'use source instead of primary color'.

The shadow of where the window use to be appears.

Here is another screenshot. Hope it helps.

th_bug2.png

• Upvote 1

SloppySig.png

Hi Doughty, thanks for reporting back!

I think I know what is going on (but not 100%). I certainly don't want to offend 'moc426' and could easily be wrong.

When you create a new transparent layer it is transparent white by default. It looks like align object is only changing the 'alpha' (transparency) to zero when it moves an object, leaving the place where the object was as a transparent black or colour.

This becomes apparent when running gradients galore because at those settings it is mixing a colour with the background colour, including mixing the alpha value - making the original position of the object visible.

If this is the case, I don't want to change my plugin because it is doing what it should.

I would also think using align object before any alpha-masking type plugin could be a problem.

Try using Boltbait's transparency plugin with the ignore 0 alpha un-checked, make it all opaque and see what is actually on the layer. That doesn't work!

Try my alpha threshold plugin and move both sliders full left.

Then click cancel rather than changing the alpha and see if the magic wand can 'find' the artifact,or simply surround it with a rectangular selction then fill it with transparent white.(B = 255,G = 255,R = 255,A = 0).

In fact it would quite easy to 'knock up' a plugin to set the colours to white if the alpha = 0.

... bear with me and I'll see if I can write something tonight.

Try using this after align object and before gradients galore - let me know how you get on.

Edit 16/11/2016, 'Object2Colour' (in my plugin pack) contains an option to 'clean' the background on object layers.

• Upvote 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thank you for all the help.

Boltbait's Transparency worked with 'ignore transparent pixels' unchecked. (Nice plug-in)

Your Alpha Threshold with sliders full left changed my shadow solid black and I then used Magic Wand and Delete.

Cleanclear worked without any clicking or sliding. :)

Thank you again. I'm happy.

SloppySig.png

My bug showed up in another writer's plug-in this evening. Xhin's Bizarro-Negation.

Cleanclear worked for that problem also. Thank you for that plug-in.

So, this is definitely my bug. Sigh.

SloppySig.png