This video will show people how to make a nice glowing button.

Andreas

Hello :) I made this video not so long ago, and I would like to get some feedback if it's good.

So if you want to watch it then here it is.

Edited by Andreas
  • Upvote 1

signature2tt.png

To be quite honest, I've never though of using surface blur like that...and I've been using paint.net for over 4 years o.0

Even though the results could have used some improvement, I still learned something new. Thanks for the tutorial!

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Brilliant video as I'm new to Paint.Net it will be very usefull, Thank you for sharing you work.

• Upvote 1

To be quite honest, I've never though of using surface blur like that...and I've been using paint.net for over 4 years o.0

Even though the results could have used some improvement, I still learned something new. Thanks for the tutorial!

Brilliant video as I'm new to Paint.Net it will be very usefull, Thank you for sharing you work.

Yep, very nice outcome! Good on you Andreas.

Thanks for the nice feedback :) I've never seen a forum with so nice members :)

And to pdnnoob: I'am still new to Paint.net (this is my first Paint.net Toturial) and I've only used it in some few months, maybe you could be a bit more specific, so that I know what I could do better? :)

And thanks again :D

Edited by Andreas

signature2tt.png

Andreas,

My learning style prefers a tutorial in which the author speaks out each step in addition to visually seeing each step performed.

Best regards,

SC

Andreas,

My learning style prefers a tutorial in which the author speaks out each step in addition to visually seeing each step performed.

Best regards,

SC

Okay, I don't really like to speak in tutorials, do you think it would be better with On-screen Text that tells you what to do?

signature2tt.png

Okay, I don't really like to speak in tutorials, do you think it would be better with On-screen Text that tells you what to do?

That's generally the technique posted on the forum, but there is no absolute requirement to do tutorials this way. Bear in mind that users with slow connections are probably never going to view the video.

Why not add a text version of the different steps and a couple of screenshots (as per the Tutorial Posting Guidelines)?

I think what your tutorial is really lacking is an example of the finished article. If users could see that, then they will know if they wish to investigate the tutorial.

• Upvote 1

That's generally the technique posted on the forum, but there is no absolute requirement to do tutorials this way. Bear in mind that users with slow connections are probably never going to view the video.

Why not add a text version of the different steps and a couple of screenshots (as per the Tutorial Posting Guidelines)?

I think what your tutorial is really lacking is an example of the finished article. If users could see that, then they will know if they wish to investigate the tutorial.

Oh yeah, I did not know that it can not be a video, sorry, I just wanted to share my work :) I'll do it with screenshots next time :)

signature2tt.png

maybe you could be a bit more specific, so that I know what I could do better?

It's really just a minor complaint... You have successfully posted a tutorial that teaches a concept, but...it could use some color xD

Just a quick edit with the curves adjustment would do it.

EDIT: with color

button.png

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

It's really just a minor complaint... You have successfully posted a tutorial that teaches a concept, but...it could use some color xD

Just a quick edit with the curves adjustment would do it.

EDIT: with color

button.png

Thanks for the advice :)

signature2tt.png