Gallery of the Noob

pdnnoob

<new wallpaper>

@RedOchre no worries ^^ I never take anything as "nasty" criticism. I guess I'm too lazy to go back and fix it, though...I've already changed my desktop background again.

@barbieq thanks! You were one of the people I had in mind when I was making it!

@Dryda you know...every time I decide to make a space scene, I head over to your gallery for inspiration xD Thanks for visiting!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Aw, what an adorable character. Is it okay if I give him a hug? Nice. It looks so real like maybe he's made of something very soft and shiny. You know that I like these kinds of things. :)

Yes, in fact, you were the other person I thought of ;)

Looks like I broke the new image...wonder how that happened.

EDIT: I think it's fixed now.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 7 months later...

<new abstract wallpaper>

My residence hall had a sort of "art contest" and the winners get their art displayed in various locations in the place. So I submitted a spacescape. It was one of the winners, but I have no idea where they put it! :lol:

Both of the nebulae you refer to were made in Apophysis.

I'm not an expert in Apophysis, and I really couldn't tell you how I made the one on the right (which is, incidentally, the first one I made of the three). I did quite a bit of editing after I rendered the fractal, too, so it isn't entirely Apophysis.

Here's a tutorial I found recently that yields some decent results, though: http://frostbo.deviantart.com/art/Apophysis-VS-Space-art-PART-1-256610770?q=gallery%3AApophysis%2F23752578&qo=17

I never posted anything I made with it because there's hardly any Paint.net action involved when it basically does everything for you.

Apologies for the confusion...it was the blue spacescape that won. The congratulations is much appreciated, though! :)

I'm not sure why some of the thumbnails aren't working. Any ideas, guys?

The winner is This right? And I meant this, I don't know why I thought you called it abstract spacescape.

But it really deserves the winning, it's so beautiful, and certainly should be hanged somewhere.

The thumbnails are working here, the only one is shown as a small box is the Pallet, but when you click it it will view it in dA