Pixey's Gallery ~ Merry Christmas 2023 everyone.

Pixey

jIUaSlo.png

Promoted to the Galleria. Congratulations @Pixey

• Upvote 3

@Pixey--Funny part is, Neil moved to the US several years ago and now lives somewhere in my home state of Wisconsin. He has some King-like elements, but with more (dark) humor and fairytales/folklore. "Snow, Glass, Apples" is his retelling of Snow White.

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

@Drydareelin - Hello and many thanks for dropping by to comment - it's much appreciated :).

A very Hearty Thank You to @LionsDragon for nominating my Gem to the Galleria - what a surprise for me this morning and it's very, very kind of you smileys-katzen-430881.gif 

Thanks a bunch @EER :cake:.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Beautiful glass apples, @Pixey!  :cake:  

Congrats on Galleria promotion for your wonderful Gem!   :trophy:

6 hours ago, Red ochre said:

Congrats on another well deserved Galleria promotion, Pixey.B)

Thank you @Red ochre - for dropping by to say that ;).

@lynxster4 Thank you very much indeed smileys-katzen-430881.gif 

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you very much @mackenzieh :).

Yes, I based the apples on a tutorial that I used called Glass Yellow Tomatoes.  Principally it's a combination of that tutorial and Helen's Glossy Orbs.  I use Helen's technique of using the base image in order to select it and keep the shape the same. Keep going back to it, select it, then make new layers and play with gradients/colors/blend modes, etc. 

I began with making only One Apple and then followed the tomatoes steps, using the PDN Tools that best match the tutorial.

i.e. where it says, "click quick mask", use the magic wand to select the fruit (on Global) then make a new layer and then use BotBait's Outline Selection.

When you have finished the fruit to your liking, flatten and save, then go back and Un-Do the flatten and play with the Color – Flip colors – on various layers until you get another color you like.  Flatten – Save – Un-flatten again and continue changing colors again for another fruit.  I drew the stalk separately and shaded it accordingly.

Hope this is of help :).

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

Thank you very much @mackenzieh :).

Yes, I based the apples on a tutorial that I used called Glass Yellow Tomatoes.  Principally it's a combination of that tutorial and Helen's Glossy Orbs.  I use Helen's technique of using the base image in order to select it and keep the shape the same. Keep going back to it, select it, then make new layers and play with gradients/colors/blend modes, etc. 

I began with making only One Apple and then followed the tomatoes steps, using the PDN Tools that best match the tutorial.

i.e. where it says, "click quick mask", use the magic wand to select the fruit (on Global) then make a new layer and then use BotBait's Outline Selection.

When you have finished the fruit to your liking, flatten and save, then go back and Un-Do the flatten and play with the Color – Flip colors – on various layers until you get another color you like.  Flatten – Save – Un-flatten again and continue changing colors again for another fruit.  I drew the stalk separately and shaded it accordingly.

Hope this is of help :).

I might try this out. Yes, it does help. :)

@Red ochre - Many thanks for dropping by ........ I hope you recognized some of your plugin flourish at work in there :mrred:.

@Woodsy - Thank you ...... hope you had a good Easter weekend too.  Glad you are feeling better B).

@lynxster4 Many thankies to you :D.

@hippiechos So kind of you to drop in to say such a nice comment.  I see you joined us 2013 - hope you stay around a while :lol:.

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey - Thanks! I'm a lurker by nature, silently learning and observing. I was actually poking around these forums since before then, but I had to register to ask a question. :) It wasn't until recently that I coaxed myself to take the plunge, post my pieces that all of you helped me create through tutorials and examples, and start interacting with other people. 

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

Still finding my way around this forum, find it strange that the newest post is on the last page, normally in forums it's the other way round?

Still that aside, your egg really does have a flourish and then some !

• Upvote 1

MySig.png.61b6899d09d3d9874451eb7dff405f47.png