How to change the hue of just one object in a picture?

alexo

Let's say I have a picture with several people and I want to change the skin tone of one of them.

What would be the best way to do it while minimizing selection errors?

Thank you!

I believe something called Conditional Hue/Saturation might do the trick. Not sure as I have never done that way using the plug-in. Look for it in the Plug-in Index.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

What would be the best way to do it while minimizing selection errors?

I think if you use the method in the tutorial at the link below you can first isolate the image, extract it, and then re-paste it on a new layer where you can adjust the hue/saturation separate from whatever else may be in your picture.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/13796-cutting-out-images/

The alternative may be to use the magic wand. In that case you would need to adjust the tolerance at the top of the screen to limit what it is selecting. This can be very tricky in getting it to select all that you want (adjusting it down so as not to select something undesireable) and even using the "Ctrl" key to select some more. If you manage to select all that you desire using this method, you can then use the hue/saturation and apply it to the selection.

Because you want to minimize selection errors, I think the first method would be your best alternative.

I hope this helps you.

• 1 month later...