Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

Dear Drydreelin! <3

your new creations "Arcane" are awesome, Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@lynxster4: Thank you very much :)

@Woodsy: Thank you. It's pretty much just a ton of transparent gradients.

@barbieq25: I do like portraying the 'loneliness' feeling actually, because that's what comes to mind personally when I picture the vastness of space. But a few vivid colours doesn't hurt anyone :)

@Pixey: Thank you! It's in a 16:9 format so should fit most standard resolutions easily :P I also have a mobile version a friend convinced me to do for them if anyone is interested.

@Maximilian: Thank you very much!

@LionsDragon: I did ask but they said no. Maybe I'll hijack the JWST... I've fixed a few broken links to some older pieces, but thank you very much :)

@Rickhum: Tutorials were never my thing. I've got a few older speed arts and speed edits, but mostly I just do progression images these days. A playlist of most of them can be seen here. I also have a couple of tutorials in my signature too :) Thank you very much.

@Seerose: Thank you very much!

• Upvote 2

Wow!  That really 'Pops' @Dryda.  Once again your space image looks so like the real thing B).

(Poppy - new girlfriend?)  ;)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Dear @Drydareelin !  <3

Absolutely wonderful idea and realization! Beautifully presented - love this! :trophy:   Thank you so much. :cake:  :coffee:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Eli Thank you! Even thinking of space has the effect on me. I feel very, very small.

@Pixey Thank you :D 'Poppy' is actually the nickname I have for my current girlfriend of a few years now ;) Same one I made 'Joy' after.

@Woodsy Thanks, took me long enough to get there!

@Maximilian Would you say...Out of this world? :D

@lynxster4 That's exactly what nebula are! :) Thank you!

@Seerose Thank you very much!

@LionsDragon Thank you! Although the good thing with art is that you can think up any shape or size you want :D

• 3 months later...

'Poppy' is amazing. The colors are warm, and the arrangement of the stars and planet is interesting. Also, there's plenty of shine. :)

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

Yikes @Drydareelin this piece Chem is absolutely stunning    It looks like a professional poster.  I love the image in front of the planet (Ellie?) - it really adds something to the whole composition.  Well done <3.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Poppy is so pretty! Chimera is just mesmerising. The colours are just right too. It is an emotive, polished artwork. :star: 

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

<3 @Drydareelin

:trophy: Fantastic work is incredibly beautiful! Thank you for the sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Woodsy Thank you, the depth was a challenge to pull off so I'm glad you mentioned it!

@Maximilian Thank you :D

@barbieq25 Thank you very much. Took me a good few days, but I promised a friend I'd put them in one of my pieces :P

@Seerose Thank you very much!

@lynxster4 Thank you :) 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I love science-fiction scene.  I like your execution of concept.  Love, love the ring around the planet.  If you don't mind a bit of some critique - I think the planet's texture could use a bit more "depth" to it even though it's a gas planet, and something about the reflection of the person on the floor seem...off.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 1

@welshblue Thank you! Glad to see you're active again, and not just a quick one-time visit!

@TrevorOutlaw Of course I don't mind critique, that's how you improve. I based my design off photos of Jupiter (hence the swirling spot) and although I added more depth to that particular area, I agree I could've done more overall. Maybe just a touch more contrast too?

Also the lighting on the floor seems off because I made it waaaay too opaque. Whoops. Thank you, I do appreciate it!

Edited by Drydareelin
Typo
  • Upvote 1