Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

• 3 weeks later...

"Solitary" is gorgeous. Amazing celestial colors. To me, it's perfect. I know you already mentioned on DA that you don't think so, but self-criticism is good to have, but it's sometimes harsh. ;) Great job, by the way!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@sashwilko: Thank you ^^ The name is usually the hardest thing to come up with.

@OverraughtEnclave: I would happily follow you through it if you did take that up :)

@barbieq25: They are very interesting feelings to gain from my work. I usually aim for the lonely and distant feeling, but I can see where you're coming from :D Thank you!

@Helen: Self-criticism rules pretty much everything I do, but I wouldn't be "me" without it. Thank you :)

@Yellowman: Thank you very much! I was initially intending to alter the colours but held the idea off

I guess I get those feelings from your work because I am surrounded by people all day & sometimes all that giving leaves me rather spent, so seeing your images, where there could be "aloneness" that some might interpret as lonely or distant, I find a quiet place to find myself. 

The feelings that images invoke are really quite important to me & I many artists. It fascinates me that I can have one feeling in mind & another person can get the opposite feeling from viewing. :D

I loved the speed painting you did.  

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

Woah! Let me just tell you that you truly deserve that first place! If I were the head of the competition, I'd award you lots of money.

It's incredible what you did! Such an amazing photo manipulation. Just the way everything seamlessly goes together makes me shake my head in disbelief. Keep up the stupendous work!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh I need to reply to these D: (Totally did not forget in any shape or form....honest...)

@Barbieq25: Thank you so much ^^

@Helen: I won a truckload of textures (about 900 of them) and thank you :) 

@Beta0: Ehm I can think of a few with that sort of view but it was basically improvisation all the way. Thank you!

@Welshblue: Thank you! :) I won't give myself that much of a compliment though as if you look at the wooden beams, you'll see a blue area which I only noticed after I saved and applied it to the competition. Silly me :P 

Oh, and if you have any queries to my artwork, just send me a PM :)