Select and move text problem

Jaybury

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've been happily selecting and moving text in a multi layer file then suddenly when I select and move the text is not moving. The select box moves but doesn't take the text with it. Have I accidently clicked a button?

Either wrong layer (doubtful) or wrong tool. Move selection and move selected pixels do different things. Move selection describes what you are seeing. Which just moves the selection box and doesn't affect the image pixel at all.

Could be from having run out of memory, but this seems to be less common of a problem as everybody buys newer machines. I've had all sorts of issues from running out of memory, but not that one.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

Either wrong layer (doubtful) or wrong tool. Move selection and move selected pixels do different things. Move selection describes what you are seeing. Which just moves the selection box and doesn't affect the image pixel at all.

Could be from having run out of memory, but this seems to be less common of a problem as everybody buys newer machines. I've had all sorts of issues from running out of memory, but not that one.

I'm selecting the correct layer and tools. I've also since cleaned up my pc to provide more space (much more than when it was working before).

I've also opened a new file and tried to use the tool, but sill I can't move the text. I don't really want to have to, but if I need to, should I unistall and re-install the program?

Thanks

Thankyou! I had to go through every layer and use both the select pixels and move selection tools indivually, but eventually found the layer it was on! What it highlights is that the difficulty was created because the text isn't visible on any of the layers in the layer window, unless I'm doing something wrong? ANyway, thanks for the support.

perhaps get into the habit of naming your layers. sometimes just the simple little word text instead of layer 1, 2 3 etc helps when working with multiple layers. Its something you will appreciate getting into the habit of doing when you start working with more than 20 layer images.

ciao OMA

PS I know its not what you asked but as you are at the beginning of using the program its an excellent habit to get into.

On what OMA said, the name of the layers can be quite long. With text layers you can easily name them with the text in those layers in most cases ...

I guess my "(doubtful)" was actual as to it being the wrong layer. I should have been more clear. Glad you got it sorted.

Gallery at PDN-Fans