Crop an image from white background

3_ladyb.jpg

Hi , i am new here . Heres what i want . i have a picture with white background . I want to crop only the picture from there with transparent background .

i read your forum and i use the Magic Wand Tool , and i save the image in png , but the image saved was also with white background . I dont understand and i dnt know how i can do this.

Please show me how i can do this . Thanks in advance.

You're close, but you've seemed to have missed a step

Using the magic wand, set the tolerance to around 25%, and click on the background and it should clearly indicate the background as selected as shown below:

EraseExample1.png

Once you've got the background selected, simply press the delete key on your keyboard and you should now get a checkered appearing background (this now indicates it is transparent):

EraseExample2.png

Now save the image as .png or .gif file.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

The software is called "Paint.net"

In fact, this entire forum is dedicated to the discussion of this software.

Here's a link to the download location: http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

Also, this thread is quite old. If you take a look at rule #11 in the forum rules, it says not to reply to old threads. If you wish to continue discussion of an old topic, simply make a new thread and link to the old one. Thanks!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo